Alternate MM choices?

Just a stray thought when thinking about the Ninjas specifically, itd be cool if there were an "alternate ninja" which had its final pet be a "Shogun" samurai with dual blades / archery instead of an Oni.

A zombie horde that had less magic influence as well, using the Halloween event zombies with minimal changes.

I know altering or adding in new MM primaries is tough to say the least, but recycling sets with bare minimum changes could be something to chew on.

Thoughts?

There are many many requests for MM pet customization.  I'm all for more options, but my current understanding is that it is quite difficult to do.  There are some other CoH servers out there that have implemented some options, but I don't have firsthand experience to comment on how good said options work.  Do  please check out the customization on illusion control's decoy power, though...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, biostem said:

There are many many requests for MM pet customization.  I'm all for more options, but my current understanding is that it is quite difficult to do.  There are some other CoH servers out there that have implemented some options, but I don't have firsthand experience to comment on how good said options work.  Do  please check out the customization on illusion control's decoy power, though...

Right, but this goes a step beyond where the sets could well be clones of each other except for a different pet. 

That or the alt choice mechanic that Sentinel SR has, but iirc that idea has been abandoned.

Edited by Galaxy Brain

1 minute ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Right, but this goes a step beyond where the sets could well be clones of each other except for a different pet. 

That or the alt choice mechanic that Sentinel SE has, but iirc that idea has been abandoned.

I was referencing that to point out that the devs are making strides toward pet customization...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, biostem said:

I was referencing that to point out that the devs are making strides toward pet customization...

I hear you, just think I misread it at first 🙂

Customization would be awesome, but going 1 step further to actually having Pet A vs Pet B to boost the total MM combos without needing 100% new sets could be really fun.

1 minute ago, Galaxy Brain said:

I hear you, just think I misread it at first 🙂

Customization would be awesome, but going 1 step further to actually having Pet A vs Pet B to boost the total MM combos without needing 100% new sets could be really fun.

NP.  I think that MM pets' powers are rather hard to change.  To one of your earlier points - I dislike how we're basically shoehorned into magical zombies, so more options would be great.  I can only hope that the implementation comes sooner rather than later...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

thinking about the Ninjas specifically, itd be cool if there were an "alternate ninja" which had its final pet be a "Shogun" samurai with dual blades / archery instead of an Oni.

A zombie horde that had less magic influence as well, using the Halloween event zombies with minimal changes.

I like the idea, but the Oni's actual powers are very magic oriented, so stuff like Rain of Fire and Fire Breath and Char etc. would need some sort of alternative animation at least, if not a full replacement power.  Unless your Shogun is magical, it kinda doesn't work.

I think we all could go on for days about what we'd like to see as alternative MM powers or looks.  Zombies that were more "Shawn of the Dead" than "DnD Necromancer" would be great.  I think some undead from different cultures and ethnicities would be great.  In the end though I think  we need that agreement from NC Soft and some more folks to join the team to get something as complicated as MM pet customization.

Ninjas -- There's a "Warrior" costume in the costume creator that I think would make a pretty good base for some east asian style ninjas, they could be basically the same as the current ninjas but with a different look.  I'd also like to see something that looks like Crey, secret agents for a modern look.  And the Syndicate from Praetoria could also be a good look for a modern ninja.

Undead - asian hopping vampires (which are more like our zombies or ghouls), Japanese ghost women, etc. would make some cool undead.  Something more ghostly maybe.  Shawn of the dead 'modern undead' would be cool too.  Maybe steampunk style frankenstein undead would be good too.  I'm trying to fit other themes besides just "magic" there, something for more character looks and backgrounds.  I need a sci-fi space theme, something undead but high tech.

Also in general should consider more women in the game, female minions and NPCs are always a plus.  The "default is male" just doesn't work anymore.

• Like 1

100% agree that more themes would be great, but on top of this I think having alternate pets in terms of what they do  would be rad:

Pet A: Oni - Magic based Ninja Demon with fire powers

Pet B: Shogun - More natural ninja boss with armor and dual blades, use existing Samurai Armor assets

Pet A: Lich - Magic based Zombie Wizard

Pet B: Abomination - More sci-fi style Monster Zombie Boss, use existing Horror Zombie assets.

Pet A: Protector Bots - Defensive Tier 2 Pets

Pet B: Assassin Droids - Offensive T2 pets, could use some existing bot models scaled down, or color them red idk lol

Edited by Galaxy Brain

I've wanted "Alternate MM Theme's" for awhile now. 

It woudl be easier to do if they could pull from existing artwork and existing animations.  

Although how you would keep the other "look" mobs triggering the same powers is probably.... tricky, at best.

But I would like to see something like

• Bots:  exiting current Bots.... OR...  Council Bots.   (Hoverbots for T1, MechMen for T2, Warcry robot for T3)
  • Thugs:  existing current Thugs.... OR.... Family Goons.  (Mooks, Capos, Underboss)
  • Necromancy:   existing current zombies,.... OR....   Vahzilok.  (Cadaver, Abominations, Eidolon in place of Lich)
  • Mercs:  existing current Mercs.... OR....  Sky Raiders.
  • Ninjas:  existing current Ninas... OR.... well.... probably Tsoo.  Knives of Artimis could work too, as a less eastern-flavored ninja, more straight up assassin's guild.
  • Beasts:  existing current Beasts .... OR ..... um....hm. tricky.  Not that many other animal mobs.   Snakes maybe?  Open to ideas.
  • Demons:  existing current Demons .... OR .... um.... Rularuu?  again, open to ideas here.

• Like 1