Question regarding attuned IO's and Enhancement Boosters

Squishor

I was working on my scrapper and have him set in all attuned IO's as I was leveling him up and having those set s made it a breeze. Now that I am 50 I was possibly wanting to boost up a few of them but it looks like I can't use a booster on an attuned IO? Is that right? If so is there a way to un-attune an IO and then boost it up?  If not then would it be advised to just sell the existing purple IO's and buy non-attuned purples and raise them up that way?

2 minutes ago, Squishor said:

I was working on my scrapper and have him set in all attuned IO's as I was leveling him up and having those set s made it a breeze. Now that I am 50 I was possibly wanting to boost up a few of them but it looks like I can't use a booster on an attuned IO? Is that right? If so is there a way to un-attune an IO and then boost it up?  If not then would it be advised to just sell the existing purple IO's and buy non-attuned purples and raise them up that way?

You can't boost attuned IOs.  It's either one, or the other.  Buy enhancement unslotters, unslot the attuned IOs, put them up on the AH, and then use the money to buy unattuned versions.

Just now, Apparition said:

You can't boost attuned IOs.  It's either one, or the other.  Buy enhancement unslotters, unslot the attuned IOs, put them up on the AH, and then use the money to buy unattuned versions.

Ok, cool. thanks! If I have a pretty much full IO'd build would you advise only doing the purples due to exemplar reasons or go for all?

1 minute ago, Squishor said:

Ok, cool. thanks! If I have a pretty much full IO'd build would you advise only doing the purples due to exemplar reasons or go for all?

Never, ever, ever attune purple and PvP IOs.  They are automatically attuned.  You want to boost them instead.

As for the other IOs... personally I have most of mine attuned, unless I need something from them, like extra defense or resistance or something like Tough and Weave.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

Never, ever, ever attune purple and PvP IOs.  They are automatically attuned.  You want to boost them instead.

As for the other IOs... personally I have most of mine attuned, unless I need something from them, like extra defense or resistance or something like Tough and Weave.

Cool. Thanks for the help again!

6 hours ago, Apparition said:

Wait, PvP IOs are too? Shit, I've been messing that up for a while now.

10 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Wait, PvP IOs are too? Shit, I've been messing that up for a while now.

PvP IOs aren't automatically attuned, they just don't lose set bonuses when you exemplar. It can still be worth attuning them if you want to slot them at a low level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Vanden said:

PvP IOs aren't automatically attuned, they just don't lose set bonuses when you exemplar. It can still be worth attuning them if you want to slot them at a low level.

Keeping in mind that you can't boost them if you have done so.