My first Stone troller

PsycheAdrenaline

Skippable would be:

Stone Prison, although useful when soloing, especially at low level.

Quicksand, although the -25% defence and auto hit is a great way of buffing your accuracy on high level mobs before doing your aoe controls. But it is not needed and has a long cast time.

Salt Crystals, because Earth has so much control this is largely superfluous.

For AoE control your best power is Stalagmites and then Stone Cages // Earthquake and Stone Cages (particularly as Stone Cages does not prevent knockdown anymore) // Volcanic Gases.

So thats 3 AoE lockdowns on seperate cooldowns.

Also Earth Controller is extremely powerful with -Def. Almost every power does -20% Def (largely not commented on/forgotten), which makes it the ultimate facilitator in terms of lockdown and setting up for your allies to obliterate everything.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Before I say anything, let me preface this with a disclaimer that I tend to look at builds through the prism of how *I* would play a particular combo, so don't take these observations as coming from some kind of bible of best practices.  The important thing is that the build does what YOU want it to do.  That said, here are the things that jumped out at me...

1)  No Envenom.  I would take Envenom; even if you're chunking out tons of -Def already, the -Res out of Envenom is huge (30%), and you can slap an Achilles' proc in there to get an occasional 20% -Res bonus.  Being Earth, you'll want to hit harder on occasion.

2) Too many slots in Maneuvers.  I'm not a fan of putting more than 3x slots into Maneuvers, even if two of them are Procs or whatever.  The base +Def is so tiny (+2.625) that it just isn't worth buffing for more than endurance or muling.

3) Not enough slots in Tactics.  On the other hand, I am a huge fan of 6-slotting Tactics with Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - you get a damage buff, an endurance buff, and several defense buffs that are almost the equal of Maneuvers, one shot of Build-Up per minute, and a gigantic +ToHIt bonus.  Combined with the -Def from Earth, the only thing that will stop you from clobbering stuff is the streakbreaker.

4) Too much stuff in Venemous Gas.  I'm rolling 3x Enzyme Exposure on my /Posions; that gets me to the floor of endurance burn in that toggle, while getting -ToHit and -Def nearly to ED levels.  Granted, you lose some set bonuses rolling that way, but I love having available slots in a Controller build because...

5) Seismic Smash!  Take Seismic Smash, 6-slot it, and fill it with procs, glorious procs.  With the -Def and +Tohit you have in the build, you can *almost* justify slotting 6 procs in the power... me, I prefer at least one Acc/Dam (or, Acc/Dam/Rech) Seismic Smash because I just know I will be kicking myself every time it misses.  It still misses on occasion, even with the +Acc enchancement, but at least *I* know I did all I can.  The 'cheap' slotting is two pieces Hecatomb, Ghost Widow%, Neuronic Shutdown %, Touch of Death%, and Mako's%.  Slotted that way, I usually clobber an Orange Con for 900 on a 'regular' toon, and over 1200 on a /Poison.  It's beautiful, and the highlight of my night every time I see our melee guys angrily whittling away at a boss, then I casually stroll up and pancake the target.

6)  Try and fit Paralytic Poison in there.  A second ST hold makes life super easy when you're soloing, and only helps you lock down more nerds when teams are running 4/8.  4-slot it with Ghost Widow and you have yourself a tidy little lockdown chain of Fossilize/Paralytic/Fossilize and a little extra endurance to keep on keeping on.

7)  Don't bother 6-slotting Fissure.  It's a good mule for the FF+Rech proc, but you're going to be pissed that you spent 120M to squeak out 1/6th of the damage that 60M invested in Seismic Smash would get you.  That said, if you slot as I suggest, you lose those purple bonuses and that's not exactly insignificant.  

Eight) Poison Trap Slotting.  Again, the purple set bonuses are nice, but if you can afford to go without them, you can six-slot Poison Trap with procs and one-shot almost/every minion in the spawn, and leave the survivors with a case of the hurls.  

9)  Neurotoxic Breath.  If you can fit NBreath in somehow, you get a significant -Rech debuff that comes in handy when you're rolling up against stuff that hits HARD.  Even with all your -Def, -ToHit, -Res, some -Rech and -Speed still comes in handy and will help you survive sticky spots you otherwise might not have.

10) Endurance.  The build you linked just had the default slots in Health/Stamina.  I typically 3-slot both on my controllers, throwing the Miracle/Numina/Panacea trio in Health and three bits of PerfShifter in Stamina.  If you boost the straight PShift Endurance enhancement, it makes up for what you 'lost' by throwing a Schedule A (26.5) in place of a generic IO, and you get 19HP out of the deal.  

Having said ALL that, it may be hard to believe but I like the build.  To my mind, Earth is still the granddaddy of all Controller primaries, and /Poison has recently become my favorite controller secondary because all the tricky debuffs add up to make everything you do better.  If I weren't juggling the pitiable cries of a million end users who recently found themselves working from home, I would spin up an Earth/Poison RIGHT NOW.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

not sure where i would take seismic smash unless i dropped poison trap i do want that power and not sure about trap may switch them an allot of the slotting in venomous gas was useless so im dropping the hamis.

The only reason for 3 sloting manuvers is for the extra resist but not needed may go to earthquake. Im not sure on earthquake if it needs a kb to kd and what other procs to put in it

only other one i can think is achilles heal.

not sure why ppl ever slot tactics more than 2 your only gonna get 15% +to hit out of it 2 does it.

I love earth, and I like poison.  Don't think I'd pair them, but if I did it would look like this:

2 hours ago, PsycheAdrenaline said:

not sure where i would take seismic smash unless i dropped poison trap i do want that power and not sure about trap may switch them an allot of the slotting in venomous gas was useless so im dropping the hamis.

The only reason for 3 sloting manuvers is for the extra resist but not needed may go to earthquake. Im not sure on earthquake if it needs a kb to kd and what other procs to put in it

only other one i can think is achilles heal.

not sure why ppl ever slot tactics more than 2 your only gonna get 15% +to hit out of it 2 does it.

About the only time I fit Tactics into a build is if I *can* 6-slot it.  The set bonuses out of GaussianSFC are really solid, and the Build-Up is a nice perk.  TBH, Tactics might be overkill on an Earth, but if I get any downtime I might try and work up a build that can take it.

Having seen what a proc'd out Poison Trap can do, I would be hard-pressed to drop it, but if it's a choice between Poison Trap and Seismic Smash, well...

1357_SeismicSmash.PNG

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!