Exempting down for TF's

Kudanaz

Hey all,

Have a few question's for you. Let's say you have a level 50 fully slotted out and you want to do a Posi 1. What happens to your level ( I have heard of 41's not loosing any powers for their Posi 1) and powers when you drop? Also what happens with the enhancements? Say purps and all that? Do they maintain the damage/endurance/accuracy percentages that they give or do they scale down in power? Anything else that would be useful i would love to hear. Thank you!

Well, I know my power selections diminish, as well as damage output. Not sure if set bonuses still count. even if they did, your base rates would dropdue to the exemplar, I imagine.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

1 hour ago, Kudanaz said:

Hey all,

Have a few question's for you. Let's say you have a level 50 fully slotted out and you want to do a Posi 1. What happens to your level ( I have heard of 41's not loosing any powers for their Posi 1) and powers when you drop? Also what happens with the enhancements? Say purps and all that? Do they maintain the damage/endurance/accuracy percentages that they give or do they scale down in power? Anything else that would be useful i would love to hear. Thank you!

Here's a link to Paragon Wiki on the topic:  https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Sidekick#Exemplar.2FMalefactor

Basically you keep your powers for five levels below when you selected them. You keep all your enhancements and slots, but the effects diminish the lower level you exemplar to. Set bonuses are good for three levels below the enhancement level, so if they are all level 50 enhancements, you lose the bonuses starting at level 46. If say four are level 50 in a set, and the other two are level 40, you'll lose the last set bonus once you go below 37 and all the others below level 47.

If your enhancements are all attuned, you would lose the set bonuses once you go more than three levels below the set's lowest level.

Edited by MunkiLord
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

If your enhancements are all attuned, you would lose the set bonuses once you go more than three levels below the set's lowest level.

I just wanted to reiterate this.  I built toons with good enhs, but then was being crippled upon being exemplared.  And then I started using attuned enhs.

Pro-tip: you can't find "attuned" enhs from the search bar in the auction house menu.  You have to click the plus sign next to "Enhancements" underneath it and begin your search there.  And it will take some getting used to before you're able to quickly find enhs.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

10 hours ago, Display Name said:

I just wanted to reiterate this.  I built toons with good enhs, but then was being crippled upon being exemplared.  And then I started using attuned enhs.

Pro-tip: you can't find "attuned" enhs from the search bar in the auction house menu.  You have to click the plus sign next to "Enhancements" underneath it and begin your search there.  And it will take some getting used to before you're able to quickly find enhs.

Set the level range from 1 to 1 and only attuned enhancements will show up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

Set bonuses are good for three levels below the enhancement level, so if they are all level 50 enhancements, you lose the bonuses starting at level 46. If say four are level 50 in a set, and the other two are level 40, you'll lose the last set bonus once you go below 37 and all the others below level 47.

This is true with 2 notable exceptions: Purple IO sets and PvP IO sets. You keep the set bonuses from those regardless of what level you exemplar/malefactor to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2