Suppress certain fx

So, I'll get right to the point. Bubbles... bubbles make it nearly Impossible to see anything happening in game to the point if someone throws bubbles on me, I'll quit the team.

So is there any way to just not see bubbles? Even if it's an all or nothing deal, like turn off all bubble/ice/fire/whatever fx I'd like to see it

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ZeeHero said:

The FX in most cases are not even flashy enough. don't touch anything unless its an optional player end thing. Options good. Forced change bad.

I agree completely, enough visual and sound effect changes have been forced as is. The game used to have some really great graphics for powers, a lot of them were changed because it was giving people headaches and hurting their eyes...I was not one of them, I loved the graphics, but sadly these graphics were not added in as an option on a graphics slider, but instead forced on the entire community of players who loved the graphics just as much as players who did not. I honestly don't think I would care to see anymore forced visual nerfs without them being completely optional.

• Like 1

The sonic resonance graphics were not great.  Even aside from the fact that they were triggering migraines, they were mediocre graphics.  I'm not one of those players either, but keeping the game accessible to players who were unable to play in case a drive-by buffing resulted in hours of agonizing pain is more important then keeping a graphic some people "liked."  (No, I don't believe that most people who claimed to like those graphics actually liked them.  They were not that great.  Sometimes this player base shows its ugly side, and the sonic resonance graphics argument was one of those times.)

53 minutes ago, Eva Destruction said:

The sonic resonance graphics were not great.  Even aside from the fact that they were triggering migraines, they were mediocre graphics.  I'm not one of those players either, but keeping the game accessible to players who were unable to play in case a drive-by buffing resulted in hours of agonizing pain is more important then keeping a graphic some people "liked."  (No, I don't believe that most people who claimed to like those graphics actually liked them.  They were not that great.  Sometimes this player base shows its ugly side, and the sonic resonance graphics argument was one of those times.)

To each their own opinion, but calling people a liar for saying they liked the graphics the way they were isn't going to help your cause. We understand that high graphics give people headaches (I was more specifically referring to the original Ice Armor Graphics before they were made almost translucent) and could even understand that adding an option to adjust those graphics would have completely been worth the money spent. But instead, the Devs took them away outright. Agree with it or not, the players who loved those graphics felt they were treated unfairly when those graphics were completely removed instead of made an option.

Me personally, if a game that I played gave me headaches and I chose to continue to play the game anyway despite what it does to me, I would have never thought to come to the forums and demand that the Devs redo the entire graphics of the powers in game just to accommodate lil ol me. I may have instead asked for the option to be added in for me to adjust those graphics on my end as not to steal away the experience from the other players who might be upset if the game were to suddenly take a nose dive in the graphics department.

But sadly that's just not how things played out. Sadly, those graphics are lost forever in time and will never be coming back...not even as an option.

P.S. And yes, I loved the original Sonic Shields just as much as I like the current ones.

Edited by Solarverse