Failing to install/run fully on Mac OS

WanderingAries

I'm toying around with installing the game on my 2012 MBP (Mojave/Catalina) with the hopes of helping others with things like addon installation, but ran into a bit of trouble likely due to ignorance of the process. I've tried to read through the various threads and it appears that not a one is complete or fully up to date. I had started by using the guide which gave a link to download Island Rum. That seemed to go off without a hitch until I was in the terminal as per the https://brew.sh/ instructions. The next step was to type in something related to Wine, but I read later that This process is no longer valid and explains the errors I'd gotten. Now I'm back to having the game files in the Applications folder/coh as well as the apparently useless Island Rum install. So my question then is what Are the next steps for Mojave/Catalina? Once I work through the process myself I intend on taking the snapshots and making a post relating to it and then proceeding to work on my How2's for things like addons.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

The problem I believe is that wine has not updated to be compatible with 64 bit.
I have the same problem.

I decided to use Boot Camp and designate part of my harddrive as PC with Windows on it.  I'm still trying to get it to work, however, as now I am getting a manifest error.

You no longer need to use brew install.  Check out recent posts from Manga - https://forums.homecomingservers.com/profile/6215-manga/content/

Like this one: 

Basically you just need to download the right Island Rum.  Unzip it to your Applications folder, and start it.  It should download everything you need (including Wine).

Hope this helps.

Edited by psp07

I installed myself for the first time on Catalina a few days ago using this process.  I'm not going to say running the game on macOS is better than running it on Windows.  It did hang a few times when running.  But the download/startup process worked well.

I'll take a look a these links soon and see what happens. For testing purposes, does anyone know how to reverse the effect of the script mentioned in the original process? IDK if it'll affect my next trial, but I'd prefer a clean process from which to refer to.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

On 4/3/2020 at 3:22 PM, psp07 said:

Go here: https://telstar.eekstudio.com/

There's a separate Island Rum for Catalina (which is what I used).

Holy Crap! This was 1M times easier than anything I've been reading on the forums before. I decided not to delete the game folder the other version downloaded and when I launched this new IR it launched in a flash! Win7 users are being gimped BIG TIME, even compared to Win10 (which is slower than on the Mac for loading). Now I get to try it on the Catalina partition before proceeding to my Win file import testing (auto-fill login, etc).

Thanks Everyone!

So I tried the Catalina install and I'm getting the same issue as above, even on a clean install using Either of the links. I guess I'll keep an eye on the related threads and do my testing in Mojave in the meantime.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 2:59 PM, DarkStalker said:

The problem I believe is that wine has not updated to be compatible with 64 bit.
I have the same problem.

I decided to use Boot Camp and designate part of my harddrive as PC with Windows on it.  I'm still trying to get it to work, however, as now I am getting a manifest error.

How are you installing it when in BC? Are you making sure to use a path like   C:\Games\CoH   ?