Semi-Destructibles and Locked Doors

Herotu

The notion was that there could be more ways to vary up fairly repetitive-looking maps.

I was originally considering suggesting something like locked doors. So the idea was to use game-creation theory, where you introduce a problem AND a solution at the same time.... you'd use a new hacker skill or brute force or something to open the doors- in timed missions it might add drama! Anyway I put that to one side.

So I'm going to suggest this:

Is there any chance we can get some things like ice walls, stacks of boxes that are vulnerable to physics? I know, performance, right? .... but would it maybe be possible to put them client side, like controller propel items? So the objects are all the same, and get created in the same arrangement on everybody's computers, but when disturbed, they just do whatever on your screen. It doesn't matter where the objects go because nobody else experiences it. All that matters is that it registers that the objects were hit.

I would like to have some things to bash around/knock out of the way etc. Maybe a door we can kick open? Just things to mix up the missions, really, add a bit more to the fun factor. Also, people won't shout at a blaster for doing a massive knockback on a stack of boxes.

Anyway, back on the locked doors notion. 

You know how some missions need a key? How about instead of that, you have to bring the hostage (hacker) to unlock the door? It's a simple idea, but makes it seem like a different thing. i.e. it varies the play up.

• Like 2

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.