I had the best team on a Posi 1 TF the other day

DougGraves

We went through the missions at a slightly slow but fairly regular pace, not skipping but not clearing.

We got to the final mission and we did well until we got to the door ambush.  It seemed like they all came out of the door at once, dozens of foes and we got overwhelmed and wiped out.

Because they are ambushes, when people re-entered the map from the hospital the huge horde of foes attacked and wiped them instantly.

I was a tanker, stocked up on inspirations, we got together and jumped in at once.  I stayed up for several minutes while we took out some of them, but I could not hold aggro on all of them and people kept going down.  I was so debuffed I could hit nothing.  Eventually we wiped.

It took 3 team wipes and hospital visits before we cleared the ambush.

Then we headed toward the town hall.  We  defeated the regular spawns and had to take on the clones.  We managed to pull 3 and took 1 down.  Then we charged in and took the rest out.

All told it took an hour and 18 minutes for a TF that normally takes 30.

The amazing thing is no one complained and no one left.  We ended with a full team, and half of them were going to stay together to do Posi 2.

• Like 10

I love stories like this; strength through adversity is exactly what being a hero is about!

Well done everyone involved 🤗

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Had a similar experience a couple days ago, but our issues were mostly with the Shadows; the team had two masterminds on it, and masterminds are way overpowered as shadow simulacra.  We had the good luck or good thinking to have the leader be a level 12: no ruin mages on our run. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Months ago we tried an ALL Mastermind Positron 1.  Eight of us, basically representing nearly every Powerset.  Ninjas, Mercs, Demons, Robots, Gangers, Zombies!  Cold Domination, Thermal Radiation, Radiation Emission, Dark Miasma, Traps, Pain Domination, Kinetics!

We flew all the way through, nonstop, no losses . . . until we got to the Dopplegangers.

Someone decided to run ahead of the rest of the team, giving the Dopples time to summon all their Henches.  I was /Traps, so my Dopple blinded EVERYONE with Seekers.

We had 5 members of the team quit over the next several failed attempts, but eventually we three remaining persevered and won.

And from that day on, I have not done another all Masterminds Positron 1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4