Slotting Question about Hecatomb enh

ScoJake

Hi there...   DB/WP scrapper here on Excelsior (Lapine En Cuir Noir)... I made some Hectaomb enhancements only to find out they wont slot into the "1000Cuts" melee(cone) power. Hecatomb is listed as a melee enh, i know there are specific enh's for PBAOE powers but is cone considered an exclusive subset of melee?  I dont see any sets that are specifically for melee-cone powers.

Should Hecatomb fit into a melee cone and i'm screwing it up somehow?

Please help educate me on this one.....

Lapine

Melee cones count as PBAoE sets, so One Thousand Cuts would take Armageddon not Hecatomb enhancements. You can use enhancement converters to convert it into another random epic set, until you get an Armageddon one.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

If you mouse over the power in the enhancement window, it will tell you what sets it allows 🙂

Also, Mids Reborn is a great desktop app for planning your enhancement builds and trying things out. I really recommend it. 

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

According to Mids', this power takes PBAoE sets. The very rare set for this is Armageddon. (Note that I haven't checked this with an actual toon.)

I think the rule of thumb is that if its single target then it's a "melee" power and if it affects multiple targets but you don't need to pick a target then it's a PBAoE power.

Mids' reborn is very handy for checking this sort of thing and for planning builds.

There are 4 types of attacks.   Melee, Ranged, Targeted AoE, and PBAoE.    I started to write some general rules to define these, but every time I tried I realized there are exceptions to what I was writing.  It is best to check each attack before buliding a set just to be sure. 

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Fortunately, you should have several other powers that do take Hecatomb.  It's something you can have only one set of anyways.  But no, anything that is a melee cone with you at its apex takes PBAoE enhancements. 

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291