The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Looking for a Ninja Clan

00Troy00

• 4 years later
On 4/19/2020 at 4:55 AM, 00Troy00 said:

Well, if the clan would find me’ that would be great.

Do a shout out for ninja team when you are on. There are ninjas around ...

... not that someone like me would make more than 6 or 10 of them .... on various servers ... just say ... they are out there but might not be on the time that you play.

I think I have at least one on Everlasting but I don't have a Ninja Clan/Supergroup on that server.

3 hours ago, Gerald_Deemer said:

Well, there have to be Ninja-Clans because some ninja names are still active. Like Hayabusa, Haitaka, Taka, Karasu, Kasasagi, Konotori...

I tried so much names...😭

I'll throw one out there for you. Have you tried "Son of Chiba"? 

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 5/22/2024 at 9:04 PM, UltraAlt said:

Do a shout out for ninja team when you are on. There are ninjas around ...

... not that someone like me would make more than 6 or 10 of them .... on various servers ... just say ... they are out there but might not be on the time that you play.

I think I have at least one on Everlasting but I don't have a Ninja Clan/Supergroup on that server.

I'll throw one out there for you. Have you tried "Son of Chiba"? 

Thank you for that suggestion. I came to the conclusion that my female ninja should have another name 😆

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 12:15 AM, Gerald_Deemer said:

Well, there have to be Ninja-Clans because some ninja names are still active. Like Hayabusa, Haitaka, Taka, Karasu, Kasasagi, Konotori...

I tried so much names...😭

Lmao "Konotori" being a ninja name.

Is essentially like "That's It" being a cowboy name. 🤣 

These are all just random Japanese words. Keep trying and eventually you'll find a random Japanese word that's not taken.

Here's a few to try. No idea if they're taken bit since we're doing random Japanese words:

Tanker  = Sensha (literally tank)

Brute = Zannin (brutality/cruelty)

Scrapper = Kentōka (a fist fighter)

Stalker = you're out of luck, there's no pure Japanese word for this. They use "Stalker" as well. Sekkō is a military scout, but the word is not in common usage. Ironically the most appropriate term for what we think of as a stalker is a ninja/shinobi/kunoichi.

Edited by twozerofoxtrot
Added in suggestions

On 5/26/2024 at 4:21 AM, twozerofoxtrot said:

These are all just random Japanese words. Keep trying and eventually you'll find a random Japanese word that's not taken.

Here's a few to try. No idea if they're taken bit since we're doing random Japanese words:

Stalker = you're out of luck, there's no pure Japanese word for this. They use "Stalker" as well. Sekkō is a military scout, but the word is not in common usage. Ironically the most appropriate term for what we think of as a stalker is a ninja/shinobi/kunoichi.

🤣You really should change your translator😂

Posted (edited)

I avoid the dodgy Japanese translation problem by using descriptors in the Kung-Fu movie or G.I. Joe tradition:  Snake-Eyes, Steel Fang, Storm Shadow, Striking Death, etc.  Or some other, even more comic-booky gimmick.

P.S. But, Ninja Clan SG is a cool idea.  I approve. 😎👍

Edited by Triumphant
  • Microphone 1

On 5/25/2024 at 8:21 PM, twozerofoxtrot said:

Konotori can also mean This Bird. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Krimson said:

Konotori can also mean This Bird. 

I think OP meant "Stork" which really should be written Kounotori or if you are using a macron Kōnotori. I think this because every example they gave were types of birds; I don't know why they equate this to being a "ninja" name.

The usage case for Konotori (again, with macron Konotōri) that I'm most familiar with means "As it is written" or "As it is," and is a very, very common thing to hear in Japanese meetings because everyone has sorted out any discrepancies before the actual discussions happen. If you were to write it the way OP wrote it, you'd be the most correct of all of us because "this bird" = kono tori = この鳥 has no long vowels.

This kind of confusion happens a lot because people don't use the standard Romanization for Japanese when writing, often omitting long vowels without knowing better.

3 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

I think OP meant "Stork" which really should be written Kounotori or if you are using a macron Kōnotori. I think this because every example they gave were types of birds; I don't know why they equate this to being a "ninja" name.

The usage case for Konotori (again, with macron Konotōri) that I'm most familiar with means "As it is written" or "As it is," and is a very, very common thing to hear in Japanese meetings because everyone has sorted out any discrepancies before the actual discussions happen. If you were to write it the way OP wrote it, you'd be the most correct of all of us because "this bird" = kono tori = この鳥 has no long vowels.

This kind of confusion happens a lot because people don't use the standard Romanization for Japanese when writing, often omitting long vowels without knowing better.

Meanwhile there could be an anime with a stork themed ninja named Konotori and the Japanese audience probably wouldn't even blink. 

I once wrote a song called Jangyaru. It was my most popular song on Nico Nico Douga but YouTube didn't even notice. I got some interesting comments about the word Jangyaru but none were negative. 

Well, the most famous name for a ninja is Hayabusa what means Peregrine Falcon.

I don´t know why someone used all the "birds" for ninja names.

As I said Ko no Tori or Kounotori or Konotori (what means Stork) was already taken like many other "bird" names. But I think the main reason why ninjas are named after birds is the popularity of Hayabusa.

Wait, so now I'm a Ninja?

I feel like I'm hearing the song and just realized that I'm one of the Final Five.

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.