New Inspiration Idea

Joshex

image.thumb.png.0dbd5ec4f4478e04de30eccabf76c5dd.png

As you can see here, I have been messing about with graphics for a Recharge Time inspiration.

we never had one of those, and honestly many would argue we don't need them. but. I'd argue there are certain situations where they become necessary. such as when hit with a recharge debuff. (such as the kind Arachnos is famous for). when LV 54 x8 Arachnos decides to debuff your recharge rate, they mean it and I don't care what build you've got, you're going to struggle to get anything to fight with if all their agro is on you.. unless you maxed out on recharge time enhancements and bonuses.

Not that you can't struggle through it. But you shouldn't have to. should just be like "oh arachnos, ok recharge time insps."

yeah the breakfree line inspirations will dispell a lot of their debuffs, but.. they can just reapply those you silly goose.

We need a hard recharge time buff inspiration, one that resists debuff or avoids it all together. like, the enemy can debuff your toon's recharge but not the recharge you get from insps allowing you to power through it.

the hardest part was thinking up names and tier %'s

In the end this was the list I came up with and some of the names I preferred (the ones with percents):

Cooldown (Tier 1): 7.5% Recharge Buff (same as luck of the gambler's proc) as a non-debuffable recharge buff for 60 seconds (it'd take 13 of them to get 100%, (instant recharge), could limit their PvP effectiveness) "you take a breath and focus on cooling down to get yourself back in order after the last power was used to make yourself be able to do it again at a slightly faster rate"

Reload

Recharge (obvious.. but.. meh)

Retry

Redo

Increased Readiness (Tier 2): 18% recharge time for 60 seconds. (would take 6 to get to 100%) "You focus on recharging lost power amidst the fight making you have increased readiness to strike again sooner."

fast recharge/reload/cooldown

speedy empowerment (too much like a damage insp name..)

Haste (Tier 3): 42.4% recharge for 60 seconds (same as you'd get from Hasten (Speed, pool power)) would take 2 and a bit to get 100%) "you hasten yourself to regain the power you spent in the last attack so you can get the strength to cast it again in a hurry"

Complete Recharge/reload/cooldown (too obvious)

Instantaneous recharge/reload/cooldown (I though it was too long a name but instantaneous was nice.)

Push the Limits (Super Tier): 100% Recharge for 60 seconds, "You push yourself past your normal limits, using powers at max throttle".

A little about the graphic, it was based on the recharge time enhancement design, unbeknownst to many it's not actually a clock, it's more like a pressure gauge, which honestly goes better with the whole "cooldown" concept. I had also thought of names like  "release pressure" or "vent gauge" but.. they seemed too mechanical  (same with reload (guns) and recharge (electric,tech), too specific) the names had to be universal, something any origin and damage type could consider as their own.

I chose a white background because all the other colors are taken, even grey (Ultimate). I had imagined instead of using white rays around it, it could use blue rays (have not gotten to making them yet) to enhance the "cool down the gauge" concept.

I have the model at the ready for modifications if need be. just wondering what you think.

Apart from Regen and recovery, this is probably one of the only things we don't have insps for.

I kind of think a lot of people view additional inspirations as a sort of... Bedrock upset. 

Personally? I'd love it. In addition to a +Recharge inspiration, I'd love to see a +mez strength, +power boost inspiration (though I think it would be hard to get it to balanced numbers).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Joshex said:

yeah the breakfree line inspirations will dispell a lot of their debuffs, but.. they can just reapply those you silly goose.

They can re-apply them after using this inspiration too.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

2 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

They can re-apply them after using this inspiration too.

that's why I said this specific inspiration should prevent any debuff below it's given amount while active. So if you get debuffed to 0% and apply a 7.5% recharge insp and they try again, the effect casts for -0% leaving you at 7.5% basically an untouchable recharge buff that can't be debuffed past that point for 60 seconds.

in otherwords +Recharge = (own recharge+powers recharge - enemy recharge debuff) + recharge insps.

Unless recharge can go negative (I don't think it can) then that means because they are outside the () they are calculated as after the effects of debuffs and thus if recharge were 0%, then it'd be 0+ #%

I think by making insps for specific characteristics like mez, recharge etc. they could apply anti-debuff of that attribute. or maybe just an Anti-debuff insp?

You seem to be misunderstanding recharge.  For one, +100% recharge doesn't mean your powers come back instantly, rather they come back twice as fast, and two you can have negative recharge (and granite armor for example has it baked in). The range iirc is -400% to +400% recharge.

That said, I don't object to the idea of inspirations that add a bit of recharge and have some -recharge resistance (and for resistance, 100% would make you immune to -recharge debuffs).

• Like 1

yeah the problem with this is the potential for abuse, just load up on these and u can now keep those t9's semi perma. And if it doesn't boost recharge then its too situational to be useful. Recharge rate debuffs aren't really common enough to warrant an inspiration all of its own. Maybe recharge rate resist can be added to the table resists for breakfrees instead?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

yeah the problem with this is the potential for abuse, just load up on these and u can now keep those t9's semi perma. And if it doesn't boost recharge then its too situational to be useful. Recharge rate debuffs aren't really common enough to warrant an inspiration all of its own. Maybe recharge rate resist can be added to the table resists for breakfrees instead?

Theyre more common than you think, pretty much every "Soldier" style enemy type has a "Cryo Ammo" power that slows rech, and all psychic/cold attackers slow rech as well.

Edited by Galaxy Brain

3 hours ago, Dragon Crush said:

You seem to be misunderstanding recharge.  For one, +100% recharge doesn't mean your powers come back instantly, rather they come back twice as fast, and two you can have negative recharge (and granite armor for example has it baked in). The range iirc is -400% to +400% recharge.

That said, I don't object to the idea of inspirations that add a bit of recharge and have some -recharge resistance (and for resistance, 100% would make you immune to -recharge debuffs).

thankyou. yes you are right I didn't understand those 2 elements. so yeah 100% basically cuts the recharge time in half then.

1 hour ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Theyre more common than you think, pretty much every "Soldier" style enemy type has a "Cryo Ammo" power that slows rech, and all psychic/cold attackers slow rech as well.

yep and some groups have more than others, typically on x8 every group of arachnos has 3 or 4 recharge debuffer psychics.

3 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

actually that's another solution. maybe breakfrees need to add debuff resistance.

3 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Check my recharge guide, even at 400% recharge there are many powers that can never come close to perma

11 hours ago, Joshex said:

thankyou. yes you are right I didn't understand those 2 elements. so yeah 100% basically cuts the recharge time in half then.

yep and some groups have more than others, typically on x8 every group of arachnos has 3 or 4 recharge debuffer psychics.

actually that's another solution. maybe breakfrees need to add debuff resistance.

remember the strength of will inspiration? i remember it used to drop but doesnt anymore add the resistance to recharge debuff and also the resistance to endurance drain debuff and slow debuff resistance to its table then put it back in the loot table. problem fixed?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

33 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

remember the strength of will inspiration? i remember it used to drop but doesnt anymore add the resistance to recharge debuff and also the resistance to endurance drain debuff and slow debuff resistance to its table then put it back in the loot table. problem fixed?

I think you can still get them in sirens call. but yeah one way or another we do need a debuff res inspiration. any of these ideas are good. add it to an existing inspiration thats already on the drops tables or revamp an old insp and add it in to the drop tables or make a new insp. any of these would work.