Solo bots secondary?

Zherphi

Storm and Dark work well with everything.

Electric Affinity works well with Robots, especially since the Bots attacks are terrible while EA is busy, so you're not missing out on making good attacks because you're busy electrocuting your toys.

Time works great with them defensively, though offense may be a bit light.

Cold and Thermal also work fine... Cold makes it easy to soft-cap their defenses, while Thermal adds a solid Resistance layer behind their base defenses and also heals. Both put out decent Resist/Regen debuffs.

Oh, and Pain also works well... normally I consider it a step below Thermal since it doesn't have -Regen, but Bots put out very strong -Regen so that covers that hole, and otherwise Pain is about as good as Thermal

Edited by Coyote

bots are a rather low damage mm set. lots of aoe, but it's not very high damage aoe and their boss killing speed is very slow. pick a secondary that will help to increase your kill speed through debuffs or powers that do damage on their own. 

Traps and Time or some will say Time and Traps. 

Traps is a stationary set.. Meaning you have to set up.. But since your talking solo it works well.  Especially Tankermind.. You provoke and have the pets attack. 

I personally find Trip mine helpful in a fight though it is slow to recharge at 5 or 6 seconds and can be interrupted.. Hopefully one day Traps will get the same treatment that Device did with Trip mine.

Traps will get you positional defense cap easy you pretty much almost get it with just standard IOs.

But even on a team just running around with FFG going is helpful for the defense it gives everyone.. 

Then you can drop your high recharge powers like Acid Mortar.

Traps also has some nice debuffs against AV. I just defeated an AV with only my last pet and some attacks using traps. 

Time is great because a lot of heals. pretty hard to kill off pets with all those heals. Further you can move around while casting.. So its a quicker pace game. 

Traps definitely has more debuff then Time. But time has more heals. 

Both can be defense capped.

None of the build are old here.. 

I constantly post my Robot Traps build.

Crysis is big on Time builds. 

• 2 weeks later

I haven't examined Time in particular, but it's reputation is top-notch. Traps is in general the single best solo support set, but also the hardest one to use. Other than that, keep in mind that AoE heals and team buffs are actually useful to a solo Mastermind, unlike solo defenders or corrupters. On the other hand, keep in mind that Pets can't be rezzed, so rezzes won't be helpful to you.

For bots specifically, debuffs are good. Bots are pretty tanky by raw, so making the enemy more prone to damage can be a big improvement.

...or you can go Force Field, become immortal, and destroy the world with infinite patience.

Traps then time. 

Traps benefits from solo. You can establish your kill zone in the middle of the room and pull multiple groups into it while you let things recharge. Traps in a steamroll is still useful with a high recharge build, but most of what you bring to the table are seekers for alpha taking and force field generator, and caltrops for area control. 

Bots need mu unless you put sudden accelerations in them, which is tight. 

Time is decent solo. More mobile than traps with much lower debuff ability. 

Edited by TheSpiritFox