A small quality of life request. Doors for rogues/vigs.

When you switch to a vigilante or rogue alignment, every time you leave a neutral environment, such as Pocket D, you are warned that you're entering 'the City of Heroes' or 'the Rogue Isles', and then, ARE YOU SURE? 

Honestly, what's the impact  if people weren't asked? Nobody on the other side of that door cares, not at all. As a vigilante, a hero side alignment, I can walk right up to Recluse and talk to him. All he says is 'not now', or something. There's no risk, no danger beyond standard mobs. 

Could we please get this question removed, or, at the very least, an options toggle to say 'disable prompt that you're entering a different aligned area?'

Thank you!

• Like 1

I think the concern is that someone'll get kicked off a TF/SF if they accidentally walk out the wrong side and then complain on the forums about how that stupid door cost them two hours of their life, a million merits, and their future spouse or something. But I agree it's super annoying and there are probably more elegant ways to do it.

• Like 3

To be fair... for Rogues, at least, you can damned near find yourself dropped from a TF or Ouro arc by proverbially sneezing. Bits of the game are really flakey about mixed alignments. (Which is exactly why I ended up with two identical red-side/blue-side versions of my main. It gets old fast. <_<)

Maybe it's time for someone to dive into the spaghetti and take a look at the whole mess.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

30 minutes ago, Tad Cooper said:

I think the concern is that someone'll get kicked off a TF/SF if they accidentally walk out the wrong side and then complain on the forums about how that stupid door cost them two hours of their life, a million merits, and their future spouse or something. But I agree it's super annoying and there are probably more elegant ways to do it.

Perhaps 'remove all alignment based checks' would work. Would fix the doors, getting dropped from TFs, as well as the fun 'you can't invite an enemy (walk thru a portal) invite away!'

Made sense, when it was designed. But now, it would probably be nice to just remove all 'are y'all the same alignment?' checks completely. 🙂

• Like 1

That is rather odd.  I have been Rogue on my Stalker for almost a month now doing TF's and groups and I can't ever recall having seen this warning message pop up.

Does it only occur when you use an actual "door" to exit the area?  Cause I do like 99% of my travel through a Teleport Hub supergroup base.

On 4/26/2020 at 2:44 PM, SurfD said:

That is rather odd.  I have been Rogue on my Stalker for almost a month now doing TF's and groups and I can't ever recall having seen this warning message pop up.

Does it only occur when you use an actual "door" to exit the area?  Cause I do like 99% of my travel through a Teleport Hub supergroup base.

It pops up a warning when you use the zone portals leaving RWZ toward Paragon City or Rogue Isles.  But yeah, I use my SG base 90% of the time and it doesn't come up.