Energy Aura is easily debuffed by enemies and no heal till 35?

Omega9

43 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Yeah.  I typically run TFs/SFs below level 30 at +1, and TFs/SFs below level 50 at +2.  At level 50, it depends.  If we're carrying a bunch of lowbies on an ITF or LGTF, or doing a speed run, set it at +2.  Otherwise, +3.

I do this too, although I would probably do Posi at +0 if most of the team was at level and not exemplared. The non-incarnate lvl 50 TFs (ITF, LGTF, MLTF) are tricky to run at +4 if many people on the team are under lvl 50, but a breeze if everyone is level-shifted incarnate. 

3 hours ago, siolfir said:

+4 can't be the oldschool standard, because oldschool didn't allow +4 - the old max difficulty setting is the equivalent to +2/x1/Bosses/AVs.

But to answer the question, a lot of it is just rushing through for either the badge or merits. Also, people that are leveling up rather than exemplaring down may not have enough slots to go higher than +2, especially on the lower-level TFs, and on top of that everyone doesn't run at 0 or -1; I was on three TFs yesterday (Manticore, ITF, Tin Mage) and the lowest difficulty was +1, which we shifted to +2 after the first mission. Ask about raising the difficulty if you're not happy with where it's at.

Sure it was, maybe not at the very beginning, but at some point they added the +4 setting and no AVs while solo. Surely it was included by the time we got Ourboros TFs.  Anyway, how often do you hear looking for a Tank or Defender in Homecoming? It's always just any one who wants to come now. I would like to at least do the weekly SF's the first time on a challenging setting. I am too polite to drop out of the TF though. eh, you know what I mean.

Edited by Omega9
typo

29 minutes ago, Omega9 said:

Anyway, how often do you hear looking for a Tank or Defender in Homecoming?

... daily, actually. And sadly they say "healer." Part of me dies inside every time they do that or someone advertises themselves as a "healer."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

Just now, Greycat said:

... daily, actually. And sadly they say "healer." Part of me dies inside every time they do that or someone advertises themselves as a "healer."

Yep.  I specifically avoid any group looking for a tank, Defender, or "healer," because nine times out of ten it means that the leader is clueless.

On 4/20/2020 at 9:27 AM, ShardWarrior said:

Yes I know that.  Just seems to me that most people seem to forget there are 50 levels to go through before Incarnates.

Every toon needs to pop purples in difficult fights on the way to 50.  Most toons have to pop purples after level 50, too.  90% of the time when you hit a wall of difficulty in this game, the solution is purple insperations.   

Popping purples at level 25 versus an AV is certainly not a sign of weakness for a set. 

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

1 hour ago, Shred Monkey said:

Every toon needs to pop purples in difficult fights on the way to 50.  Most toons have to pop purples after level 50, too.  90% of the time when you hit a wall of difficulty in this game, the solution is purple insperations.   

Popping purples at level 25 versus an AV is certainly not a sign of weakness for a set. 

I never suggested otherwise.  I think you have missed the point.