Help Me Decide on a Stalker

T-Roy

First off, I don't see nearly as many stalkers around as I did back in the day. Did they get nerfed all yo hell with homecoming?

Anyway, on to my questions:

I thought about making a ninja blade stalker because I really like the animations, but I'm wondering if the emphasis on d/l damage would hamper me in the later levels. Is that the case, and/or can it be mitigated with proper slotting? Also, I'm curious as to opinions for the best secondary besides ninjitsu (I already have a non scrapper). I thought about rad because it has a +recharge, but I'm open to any and all ideas.

Aside from Ninja blade, I was thinking of an elec/shields stalker because of the double nuke capability. I've been told that shields is end hungry, but I'm wondering if the +end from elec balances that out.

Thanks in advance all!

First villain I ever made back on live was a Nin/nin stalker and enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it was my best stalker, but better than some I had then and now. I do admit I never got it to 50, though. I got a DB/nin to 50 and feel that I enjoyed the feel of Nin/nin better. Why the heck have I never remade that toon now I wonder... great, alt-itis hitting again...

The last 50 I made was an Electric/Shield, and I don't recall a stalker toon I made that was as much fun. There are painful times, yes, and end can be a b**** but no worse than most others I found (at least it ain't as bad as DA). A little bit of End Reduction slotting and Stamina slotting and it is fine. Bring some blue insps just in case. I wish the toon had the psi resists my night widow has (nothing seems to break her. She's hood like that) but otherwise has been a blast (of electric death mwuahahaha)...  I'd have no prob recommending one. 

For other secondaries, I've only started a couple of toons that run with Rad armor and Energy Aura after reading a couple of people recommending them. 

20 minutes ago, Shockacon said:

First villain I ever made back on live was a Nin/nin stalker and enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it was my best stalker, but better than some I had then and now. I do admit I never got it to 50, though. I got a DB/nin to 50 and feel that I enjoyed the feel of Nin/nin better. Why the heck have I never remade that toon now I wonder... great, alt-itis hitting again...

The last 50 I made was an Electric/Shield, and I don't recall a stalker toon I made that was as much fun. There are painful times, yes, and end can be a b**** but no worse than most others I found (at least it ain't as bad as DA). A little bit of End Reduction slotting and Stamina slotting and it is fine. Bring some blue insps just in case. I wish the toon had the psi resists my night widow has (nothing seems to break her. She's hood like that) but otherwise has been a blast (of electric death mwuahahaha)...  I'd have no prob recommending one. 

For other secondaries, I've only started a couple of toons that run with Rad armor and Energy Aura after reading a couple of people recommending them. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Nin loses out on AoE compared to other ATs which use Kat. It would be one thing if it was a cone, but it is the PBAoE. I've done Kat once and Claws twice to 50 and likely see less of an issue with the damage types, but I'm not looking at them from a spreadsheet DPS standpoint. It isn't that I wouldn't go Nin, but I would rather have it on one of the other ATs using Kat. Honestly, Staff is about the only really good weapon set for stalkers. I think Dark, Elec, Ice, Savage, or StJ are all other really good options. If Breath of Fire works for you, then Fire is fine. I don't like the animation.

Shield is end hungry and I don't see Elec making that much of a difference, but I am mostly looking at it from a Kin/elec player so my viewpoint is quite different. I felt like the end kickback was nice, but I would still slot normally for a build. I would likely go Cardiac as a default for Alpha with Shield. My default epic for Shield is Body just to get some end recovery to make things more tolerable until you hit 50. More regen is nice as well for a set without a heal.

I haven't tried Rad on a stalker, but I do have a level 32 brute with it and I like it. My default for stalkers/scrappers is Energy Aura with Shield being second.

• Thanks 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

56 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Nin loses out on AoE compared to other ATs which use Kat. It would be one thing if it was a cone, but it is the PBAoE. I've done Kat once and Claws twice to 50 and likely see less of an issue with the damage types, but I'm not looking at them from a spreadsheet DPS standpoint. It isn't that I wouldn't go Nin, but I would rather have it on one of the other ATs using Kat. Honestly, Staff is about the only really good weapon set for stalkers. I think Dark, Elec, Ice, Savage, or StJ are all other really good options. If Breath of Fire works for you, then Fire is fine. I don't like the animation.

Shield is end hungry and I don't see Elec making that much of a difference, but I am mostly looking at it from a Kin/elec player so my viewpoint is quite different. I felt like the end kickback was nice, but I would still slot normally for a build. I would likely go Cardiac as a default for Alpha with Shield. My default epic for Shield is Body just to get some end recovery to make things more tolerable until you hit 50. More regen is nice as well for a set without a heal.

I haven't tried Rad on a stalker, but I do have a level 32 brute with it and I like it. My default for stalkers/scrappers is Energy Aura with Shield being second.

That was a thorough answer. Thanks for taking the time. 

Just a note, rad armor on stalkers doesn't have the +rech. That power was what it lost for hide. It is a good set though, and can add some AoE to a set lacking in them (like nin) if you proc its two pbaoes. Nin blade is on the higher side of damage so the s/l doesn't really hurt, and it pairs well with just about anything so go crazy. I prefer it with a resist set because if divine avalanche.