question about dollar signs and macros loaded from .txt (FIGURED IT OUT)

eldriyth

This is currently one of the binds I have in a .txt that will generate each macro in this file when I press 9 on the keyboard.

9 "macro ATK ""$$macro AST assist_name maincharSSpetcom_all Attack Aggressive$$macro STP team_select 1SSpetcom_all defensive follow$$macro AH ah$$bind_load_file C:\cohkeybinds\setup2.txt"

You will notice however that I put SS instead of $$ so they actually show up on the macro in-game.  The annoying thing is I need to change them manually to $$ to get them to work. My question is: is there a way to make the $$ symbols actually show up in game without having to do what I am now?

EDIT:  I figured it out.

9 macro$$macro ATK ""$$macro AST "assist_name mainchar$$petcom_all Attack Aggressive"$$macro STP "team_select 1$$petcom_all defensive follow"$$macro AH ah$$bind_load_file C:\cohkeybinds\setup2.txt

That creates all of the macros with a single keybind. The problem I had was no macro$$ at the beginning and I had too many "" or not enough in the right areas. I hope this helps somebody.

Edited by eldriyth
  • Haha 1

• Game Master

A good read for your situation: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/The_Incomplete_and_Unofficial_Guide_to_/bind

-- Underscores don't matter, but spaces do.

-- Variables are your friend, but it's easier to share macros here than in game for that reason, as "Hi $player" always gets translated.

-- $$ is great, but has limits (no macro can queue up more than one power at a time, short of using Autofire and powexec in the same command to affect two powers.)

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

Checkout the links in My sig as one of them (I can't see them right now to say which) leads you to a full document on how this works.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)