ATO procs: Bring non Scrapper/Stalkers up to par

Ooooh...and as I suggest that...I'd love that in a skill like Healing Flames!  Enhance the healing AND toxic resist while giving you a pbaoe damage proc! 🙂

Though looking at it, lots of Defense sets lack the interactivity you speak of.

On 5/1/2020 at 5:50 AM, Indystruck said:

This'd be bad for sets that currently have crashless or minor hasten-like detriment T9s, like Rad or Bio.

As they work their way through the older sets, hopefully crashing T9s will go away. Because they need to.

On 4/30/2020 at 12:40 AM, kenlon said:

Nah, just remove the crashing T9 powers and replace them with something good instead.

I think this generalizes too much, there are some very specific purposes and builds that rely on these T9s, for example, the T9 from Energy Aura in PvP, this is used to help you in a multitude of ways, and many PvPers would be very upset about this going away. There are also decent T9s (Rad and Bio) that are well-regarded and actually worth taking if you have the room for it in power selection. There are also ways to avoid it just "ruining" you (time when it occurs, hide in a corner when you know it'll "drop")

5 minutes ago, kenlon said:

As they work their way through the older sets, hopefully crashing T9s will go away. Because they need to.

Crashless T9's could be investigated, but I worry if this becomes the case that certain T9's would become flat out overpowered if there wasn't any cost to activating them once they drop off (unstoppable from Invul is the stand-out).

2 hours ago, Zeraphia said:

Crashless T9's could be investigated, but I worry if this becomes the case that certain T9's would become flat out overpowered if there wasn't any cost to activating them once they drop off (unstoppable from Invul is the stand-out).

This would be in the context of rebalancing and tweaking the set, not just stripping out the crash and leaving things alone. Most of the launch era sets badly need a rework, given how much better (and more interesting) the sets that were built later tend to be. 

• 2 years later

So quick ideas, without consideration for how difficult they might be and not too thought out since i should've been asleep* already:

HEATs : Harmonic Essence - Applies moderate buff to current form based on the last form utilized. damage buff from Nova, defense buff from Dwarf, Regen/Recharge buff from Human.

VEATs :  Swarm Tactics - Slotted power has chance to cause additional follow up attacks on target from team to cause toxic damage procs on target for a brief time period.

Blaster : Splash Damage - Chance to deal additional energy damage in a minor PBAoE around target to proc globally on single target attacks.

Brute : Rolling Thunder - Global chance to deal additional energy damage with primary abilities in proportion to amount of Fury currently held.

Corruptor : Insidious Shots - Increase Scourge proc range by 10% (Starting to proc at missing 40% HP)

Controller : Bunker Down - Global chance to cause additional Mag 2 mez of proccing control type in minor PBAoE on target.

Defender: Guardian Force - Global chance for current target to apply a minor buff to team when hit by a different archetype, with each different class buff stacking (but not multiple of the same class). 

• Blaster - minor dmg buff, Brute - minor res all buff, Controller - 1 mag protection to all, Corruptor - minor recovery buff, Defender - minor absorb shield, Dominator - minor recharge buff, MM - minor ToHit buff/ToHit debuff resist, Scrapper - minor regen buff, Sentinel - minor range buff, Stalker - minor acc buff, Tanker - minor def all buff, HEAT - small energy/neg energy resist buff, VEAT - moderate toxic resist buff

Dominator: Oppressive Grip - Dominator attacking Dominated targets deals additional psychic damage.

MM: Master Strategist - Pets gain Max HP and Damage based on the rank of the henchman. Shared damage incurred from Defensive mode has a chance to instead grant an absorb shield to MM/Pets for incurred damage value.

Scrapper: Ebb and Flow - Chance to proc a moderate damage buff that decays with slotted power. As damage buff decays, inversely proportional regen buff scales up before expiring.

Sentinel: Suppressing Fire - Chance to cause minor -def/-res with AoE attacks.

Stalker: One with Shadows - Chance to PBAoE Placate with slotted power.

Tank: Pillar of Strength - Enemies under the effects of Gauntlet deal reduced AoE damage.

* - forgot I had this in a tab until i refound the window just now

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting