Base Raids

Back on Freedom, my supergrpup used to dabble in a little PvP. Not like the arena guys, but casual zone stuff and the occasional base raid when one could be organized. I think they deactivated the feature, maybe, or it was just so hard to find another supergroup to go against that we stopped trying.... But they were hella fun. If on offense, you had to port into the other teams base and sack the power supplies and maybe collect items of power or something. If on defense, you had to hold off the other team until time ran out. 

PvP in this game is a mess. I can't seriously recommend that we try to create another system for it, but I'm stuck on the idea tonight of doing a base raid. Does anyone else remember these? Could we leverage AE and somehow merge it with supergroup bases to have npcs protect the base from an assault? The raiding team has an objective to take out the generators in X amount of time and base builders can create intricate labyrinths to challenge them. 

Too crazy? 

They were disabled in part due to the changes in base editing.

Honestly, the base editors and bases *themselves* are a little fragile as I recall. I'm not sure having a "PVP switch" (to disable doing things like, oh, turning on noclip and putting the generators outside your base's floor or in a room with no doorways) wouldn't break a thousand other things. 🙂

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Changes made to the base building system make turning base raids back on impossible. All of us who build basically break the pathing and item placement and room alignment rules a dozen times before breakfast, proverbially speaking.

• Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Easy* solution here: make all placeable objects in a base destructible during a raid (and have them revert to static objects when the raid is over). Then you could have fun literally blasting someone's base to pieces, no matter how much junk they stuff in the way to prevent you from raiding.

Edited by Solvernia

The level of item-clipping most of us use when constructing objects and environments would probably make even that difficult. When you have things like pianos and pipe organs made of dozens of discreet objects clipped through each other, you might end up spending the entire raid trying to take apart any one thing. XD

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

And again, the point of base raids - at least as I remember it - was to obtain an "item of power," you'd end up destroying generators, etc.

People can put them into rooms with no access now. Given human nature, I can see some group making bases and "inviting" raids that can't be completed.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.