Praetorian Costume Contest, May 23rd

TwoDee

There is a place, where the writing is better, the heroes come in shades of grey, and the ambush spawns flow like wine. It is a lonely, personal journey. Not every new character makes it out. And those who do... are forever marked by the experience.

We call it... goldside.

The New Praetorians Initiative supergroup is celebrating our beloved Going Rogue content by holding a big damn costume contest in the Magisterum Courtyard, in Nova Praetoria, on May 23rd. There will also be an Iron Character contest hosted by our own @Kai, time and place yet TBD directly after the Costume Contest winds down.

We fondly hope to see you there in your best stars and chevrons.

NPICC.png

Edited by TwoDee
  • Like 1

Lead of the <New Praetorians Initiative> supergroup.  Goldside enjoyer.  Perennial RP-etiquette overthinker.

Most of my writing is SG-internal, but the following are SFMA that anybody should be able to play if you want new story-based content.

• NPI: Duray, Duray | 25575: - The New Praetorians scramble to stop the Praetorian and Primal Virgil Durays from getting the band back together.
  • NPI: Brickstown Vice | 36729, 40648, 40803 - The New Praetorians aid Marauder in a drug bust that dredges up his past.  Branches into two paths.
  • NPI: Red Resistance | 43796 - The New Praetorians run afoul of vigilantes after a robbery gone wrong.  Crossover with <Hero Corps Founders Falls>.
  • NPI: Leucochloridium | 44863: - A wellness check on a Woodvale cleanup officer turns over unfinished, Praetorian business.
  • How Emperor Cole Saved Christmas | 45794 - A 100% authentic simulation of how Emperor Cole singlehandedly saved the holiday of Christmas!
  • Bassilisk | 51947 - Several Paragon City villain groups fight over the Rikti's dumbest entirely-canonical doomsday weapon.
  • A Freakshow Love Story | 54544 - Ganymede the cherub calls upon heroes to break up a toxic romance that's going to have explosive fallout!

Cheers Shade! I wasn't around yesterday. Yes, it will be a contest held after the CC for folks who want to trade names and test their mettle with rapidfire character creation.

• Like 1

Lead of the <New Praetorians Initiative> supergroup.  Goldside enjoyer.  Perennial RP-etiquette overthinker.

Most of my writing is SG-internal, but the following are SFMA that anybody should be able to play if you want new story-based content.

• NPI: Duray, Duray | 25575: - The New Praetorians scramble to stop the Praetorian and Primal Virgil Durays from getting the band back together.
  • NPI: Brickstown Vice | 36729, 40648, 40803 - The New Praetorians aid Marauder in a drug bust that dredges up his past.  Branches into two paths.
  • NPI: Red Resistance | 43796 - The New Praetorians run afoul of vigilantes after a robbery gone wrong.  Crossover with <Hero Corps Founders Falls>.
  • NPI: Leucochloridium | 44863: - A wellness check on a Woodvale cleanup officer turns over unfinished, Praetorian business.
  • How Emperor Cole Saved Christmas | 45794 - A 100% authentic simulation of how Emperor Cole singlehandedly saved the holiday of Christmas!
  • Bassilisk | 51947 - Several Paragon City villain groups fight over the Rikti's dumbest entirely-canonical doomsday weapon.
  • A Freakshow Love Story | 54544 - Ganymede the cherub calls upon heroes to break up a toxic romance that's going to have explosive fallout!

I've edited the top post to reflect that Iron Character is happening immediately after the big CC.

Thanks for the help in replies!

Its kind of like Iron Chef, you get a name you've never seen and an hour to come up with a backstory and costume!

Ideally you contribute a good one or two word name that you have that just isn't working for you and I shuffle them around and hand them back out, but I will have a limited number of names I grabbed specifically for this contest.  The twist for this round is, on theme, the character has to be Praetorian! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, _Kai_ said:

Its kind of like Iron Chef, you get a name you've never seen and an hour to come up with a backstory and costume!

Ideally you contribute a good one or two word name that you have that just isn't working for you and I shuffle them around and hand them back out, but I will have a limited number of names I grabbed specifically for this contest.  The twist for this round is, on theme, the character has to be Praetorian! 

That's awesome! I hope I can make it. Just trying to make a "Praetorian costume" is tricky enough

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

• 2 weeks later
On 5/13/2020 at 11:34 PM, _Kai_ said:

Is this going to be a Praetorian themed Iron Contest as well?

I know I'm super late to the party for this one! I have a name and everything.

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

As a reminder, this is happening in 30 minutes!  Be there or be not Praetorian!

Here were our finalists!  From left to right:
Whispering Vengeance - Tie, Second Place

Glockwork PPD - Third Place

Crimson Provost - Tie, Second Place

Justicar Mecca - Fifth Place

Street Violence - First Place

Golden Bombshell - Fourth Place

screenshot_200523-16-34-27.thumb.jpg.0171578b0dc68e5f3f42ad375f32a890.jpg

And in some better light...

screenshot_200523-16-18-26.thumb.jpg.b6e860190b03ae07bfc127e38daf7e78.jpg

Plus, the big group shot!

Thank you all so much for turning out!

screenshot_200523-16-36-10.thumb.jpg.9bad0b40387c66970bfc98c94b531ca8.jpg

Right after the contest, I ran another round of Iron Character, and these were the awesome people that came and the characters they created!  Impact Zone and Baccarat took honorable mentions from TwoDee, Power Sink and Chromed got them from me.  Third was Aperature in all his creepiness, Second was Deviation with a great hook, and First was Blowout with some sweet costume/bio/name synergy

Aperature.png

Baccarat.png

Blowout.png

BrimstoneButterfly.png

Chromed.png