Kinetics Question

11Troy11

3 hours ago, 11Troy11 said:

Well that f****** sucks. That's the hallmark of kinetics to begin with.

It still works on PCs, just not on THOSE NPCs ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Two comments on /Kin MM's:

1. Lack of significant buffs to +Def or +Res for pets, combined with pets not benefiting from Speedboost +Rech I think it means that /Kin doesn't make a great, and for solo play, certainly not a top MM.    
  2. But it's still an interesting support team combo because of the inverse:      MM makes a good /Kin support, since the pets contribute Dmg to the team, without requiring much direction.  /Kin can be a pretty busy set, so this let's you focus on /Kin support and buffs.   Additionally, BG mode means your MM can be much tankier than other /Kin AT's. 

So still worth playing as long as you mostly team.      

Edited by Dr Causality
spellsings
  • Like 2

Just a note, don't skip Increase Density. Slotted up it provides decent Smashing/Energy resistance. Also, the mez and knockback protection isn't bad, but you have to apply that separately to each pet.  And while pet powers don't recharge more quickly, I do like the increased movement speed. Its pretty much like giving your pets a travel power. 

Edited by tjknight
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 2:27 AM, tjknight said:

Just a note, don't skip Increase Density. Slotted up it provides decent Smashing/Energy resistance. Also, the mez and knockback protection isn't bad, but you have to apply that separately to each pet.  And while pet powers don't recharge more quickly, I do like the increased movement speed. Its pretty much like giving your pets a travel power. 

Agreed this is a good point, as I see /Kin builds skip Increase Density.    

Even if you don't want to fully slot it makes an excellent one slot wonder for Steadfast (and/or slot mule for Gladiator's Armor and Unbreakable Guard).    With just a Steadfast, even with MM lower buff numbers it still it becomes 21% S/L Smash/Energy Resistance.   That can make a big difference on pets....    (Probably not the best Alpha choices on a /Kin MM) but if Cardiac or Resilient stacked with full slotting then you can push it up to an impressive 34% S/L Smash/Energy Resistance.   Duration is short, so can be tough to remember to keep on pets (and teammates.)    But at least changes along the way mean the Resistance portion is an aoe, so you only have to cast once every 60s to keep it on pets (and teammates.)   

So don't skip Increase Density (even if you're unwilling to be bothered with casting it individually on pets / teammates). 

Edited by Dr Causality
Corrected Lethal/Energy Res misinformation pointed out by Coyote

On 5/12/2020 at 8:00 PM, Dr Causality said:

Two comments on /Kin MM's:

1. Lack of significant buffs to +Def or +Res for pets, combined with pets not benefiting from Speedboost +Rech I think it means that /Kin doesn't make a great, and for solo play, certainly not a top MM.

As @Zeraphiahas previously noted in another thread, Beast is a good primary here, because you can run them full damage mode when you want or give up some damage to have them self Def Cap (with Fortify Pack) when needed (while still being able to buff their dmg with FS). I think I'm going to try this out myself. Would love a build if anyone has one.