Silly newbie question

ranster44

1 minute ago, ranster44 said:

What I really want to do is play a Widow toon blue side. Is that possible, to have an Arachnos toon be a hero and live on the blue side?

Yes it is possible with Homecoming.  Even if you goof and the character ends up on redside, you can visit Null the Gull in Pocket D and ask him to change your alliance to something blue side.

1 minute ago, Techwright said:

Yes it is possible with Homecoming.  Even if you goof and the character ends up on redside, you can visit Null the Gull in Pocket D and ask him to change your alliance to something blue side.

OK. Thank you. How does one go about making that happen?

10 minutes ago, ranster44 said:

OK. Thank you. How does one go about making that happen?

You roll the character up as normal and select "Hero" before you enter the game.  Your choices are Hero, Praetorian or Villain, then you have the choice of entering the Tutorial zone or going to Atlas Park.

If your character is already in game then go to Pocket D and talk to Null the Gull, the bird on top of the truck in the room on the villain side of the zone.  You'll have the option to change how buffs affect you, change your alignment and several other things.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Just a standard character creation process now.  You'll have the crab and widow archetypes during creation.  When you're all ready to go, it will give you options: go immediately to the original training ground of a side (which means you'd automatically be red or blue from the start  OR  enter the Galaxy City's destruction starting scenario (which will ask you to pick a side about midway through the scenario)  OR  choose neither and instead enter the game directly.  It should ask you immediately with this last option to choose a side.

Edited by Techwright

15 minutes ago, ranster44 said:

I'm such a newbie, I cannot find Null in Pocket D  😞

It’s a bird npc on the truck. Took me a while to find first time as well

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone