Aurora Pena (The New Praetorians) Question

kosten07

Been doing the level 30 missions from Provast Marchand.  One of my companions is Aurora Pena.  

She has one of the most unique powersets I have seen in City of Heroes.  Does anyone know what her set is? 

For example she uses a psionic/telekintec whip attack, a ranged lightning bolt that drops down from above, and some kind of point blank AE Psionic Exposion.

7 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

fun fact, she's the Praetorian version of Aurora Borealis

Aurora Borealis?

At this time of year?

At this time of day?

In this part of the country?

Localized entirely within your kitchen?

Edited by Silverado
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, kosten07 said:

Been doing the level 30 missions from Provast Marchand.  One of my companions is Aurora Pena.  

She has one of the most unique powersets I have seen in City of Heroes.  Does anyone know what her set is? 

For example she uses a psionic/telekintec whip attack, a ranged lightning bolt that drops down from above, and some kind of point blank AE Psionic Exposion.

I believe that the Awakened enemy group uses some attacks that have similar graphics to some of hers. Not as powerful, granted.

Pendragon also has a unique (and UNIQUELY ANNOYING) earth-shaking attack that shakes your screen so hideously that you can't tell what is going on. I seriously move away even if I'm giving up good combat position, just to avoid being inside its overwhelming graphics. And I think that's also shared with some Talons Boss... Oracles, probably.

And, continuing the theme, Grant Creston shares some powers with the Resistance group.

Edited by Coyote

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

I believe that the Awakened enemy group uses some attacks that have similar graphics to some of hers. Not as powerful, granted.

Pendragon also has a unique (and UNIQUELY ANNOYING) earth-shaking attack that shakes your screen so hideously that you can't tell what is going on. I seriously move away even if I'm giving up good combat position, just to avoid being inside its overwhelming graphics. And I think that's also shared with some Talons Boss... Oracles, probably.

And, continuing the theme, Grant Creston shares some powers with the Resistance group.

I just turn off screen shake in my control settings... otherwise that pandragon fight can make you get motion sickness lol

1 hour ago, SlimPickens said:

I just turn off screen shake in my control settings... otherwise that pandragon fight can make you get motion sickness lol

There's such a thing?!?! 😲

OMG, I love you. I love you so much. 😄

• Haha 2

On 5/13/2020 at 1:20 PM, kosten07 said:

I always assumed she's basically using recolored Hellfire whip attacks.

Not enough to make a whole powerset, which is why I propose Psychic Lash become a new Epic pool for a few ATs.

EDIT: I take it back.  I just read through her huge list of powers. I have a feeling they were trial-running a new set when they made her.  Not sure if Blast or Assault or what, but it sure seems like most of a full player set, here.  It's also just weird how all of the powers on the linked page use "you" to describe the user.  Pretty sure most unique characters like that use the character's name or similarly make it clear it's Not For You™.

Edited by Replacement

On 5/14/2020 at 3:04 PM, Replacement said:

I always assumed she's basically using recolored Hellfire whip attacks.

Not enough to make a whole powerset, which is why I propose Psychic Lash become a new Epic pool for a few ATs.

EDIT: I take it back.  I just read through her huge list of powers. I have a feeling they were trial-running a new set when they made her.  Not sure if Blast or Assault or what, but it sure seems like most of a full player set, here.  It's also just weird how all of the powers on the linked page use "you" to describe the user.  Pretty sure most unique characters like that use the character's name or similarly make it clear it's Not For You™.

Would love to see this added sometime in the future!