TW/Willpower - what to replace with?

Heraclea

It looks like within the foreseeable future I will need to strip and send away my Titan Weapons/Willpower scrapper.  I've been reluctant to play the character for some time now.  The drums have said for a long time that Titan Weapons was too strong ~ even though it's like Granite, with substantial penalties attached.  This has made it hard to motivate me to log on to her.   I found Titan Weapons more annoying than overpowered anyways.  It is not a whole-game set, and playing it under 32 is rather unsatisfying.  Teams kill the mobs before your AoEs animate.  I won't really miss the character: but even if she is turned into a sad and inferior thing, she will at least live on in exile from Torchbearer.   

This means a lot of scrapper IOs and such will be lying around.  I'll want a new scrapper to give them to.   I had a spines/WP scrapper on Victory that I was quite fond of.   I have a bio/spines tanker already that is her unofficial successor,  If I do make another spines character I am thinking Spines/Radiation.  The available melee sets that I haven't taken to 50 yet are Axe, Sword, Claws, Electric, and Psionic.  None of these really interest me, although Psionic is a set I have never played anywhere then or now.  Not sure I ever played Claws, either; I was more of a DC than Marvel person before 2011.  Should I be considering one of those instead? 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

7 hours ago, Heraclea said:

although Psionic is a set I have never played anywhere then or now

Might want to try Psionic Melee/Willpower then, and stack in the Force of Will to cement the concept.  Basically a "mind and body, heart and soul" type of Scrapper.  You could even go Natural origin with it and have everything they can do be the result of years of training the mind and spirit to house a healthy soul.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

War Mace is the next best after TW for ST, and has great AOE. 

It also lacks the whole stutter step up and downs of TW that you describe. 

So you could sort of rebuild your TW/WP as a WM/WP and be close to the original intent.  

• Like 3

Have a WP/War Mace tanker I like quite a bit.

I did roll a Psi/WP scrapper.  (Considering Claws/Ice, but that sounds more like 'tanker' to me.) 

Is Boggle as useless as it looks?  Does it have some kind of interaction with the Insight dynamc that makes it worthwhile?

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

5 hours ago, Heraclea said:

Is Boggle as useless as it looks?  Does it have some kind of interaction with the Insight dynamc that makes it worthwhile?

Dunno.  I've never built nor played either Psionic Melee nor Willpower, so I'll have to defer to others for an answer to that one.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.