Mind/Kin build guide

Fletch42

I do not use Mid's.  I eyeball my builds and wing my builds.  So I can't post this in the format most forumites probably use. 

But... here's my character: 

image.thumb.png.8803760f16ea56ad6db585f31b010bfe.png

I do not consider this an "authoritative build"

I do consider it a baseline for discussion, given that no one else posted anything in a couple days.

• His fourth pool (not captured in the screenshot) is Teleport.  I just like Teleport as a travel power. I wish it were as a fast animating as Jaunt, but it was his travel power in LIVE, back when he was my very first character, so it's his travel power now, whether or not there are "Better" choices out there.  This is not an fully optimized build, this has some funsies/flavor choices in there.
  • Levitate, Terrify, Psionic Toranado [yes, deliberate] are my bread and butter powers to do damage. (and of, course, Confuses...) Mesmerize and Dominate are inevitable parts of a rotation, but I slot those for CONTROL, not for Damage dealing.  Also, if I'm exempted to 35+, I'll have a ton of stacks of Fulcrum Shift rolling, so I can boost my damage that way.  
  • I probably should ditch Repel in favor of Siphon Power. I know Repel isn't super popular.  But I've loved Repel ever since I used it to freight-train a group to safety in Perez Park back in the Elder Days. 
  • TK I know is situational at best, but it was nice when I was levelling.  Autohit extra mag hold, even if hard on your endurance, is handy to get a boss locked down now-dammit-now.  I couldn't quite bring myself to fully drop the power in my last respec.  
  • I use Lockdown's in both single target and AE hold.  The chance for +2 mag is hard to say no to for either power, and the six slot bonus is +3.75% ranged defense... not exactly hard to take. 
  • Could I adjust this for Even More +Recharge?  Sure.  But between Hasten and getting a few stacks of Siphon Speed, I've already got a LOT of +Recharge, so I haven't yet gone wild adding more LotG 7.5% recharges, and I haven't taken any powers specficially to mule more. Heck, you can see my Hover doesn't even have one.  So, you may want to adjust a few things from what I've done.
  • I like Stealth. Your milage may vary.  But lets me very easily thin a herd with non-aggroing Confuses if I bit off more than I probably should chew when soloing. 
  • I should probably toss some enhancement boosters in fulcrum shift, then remove one Acc slot from there, and reassign that slot somewhere else.  
  • For Alpha, I use Nerve, because +Hold and +Confuse, and a giant heaping scoop of extra +Acc isnt' hard to take.  For Mind/Kin, I never ever EVER want to miss with any of my attacks no matter what.  Not a siphon speed, not a transfusion, not a hold, not anything.
  • For Lore, I use Polar Lights.  Small, unobtrusive.  Still good AE.
  • For Judgement, I use Mighty.  I love the animation on it, and a PBAE smash is nice since I'm always hopping into the middle of a mob to max Fulcrum Shift stacks for myself and the rest of the melee characters on the team.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MTeague said:

His fourth pool (not captured in the screenshot) is Teleport.

Take Hover and Teleport out of the build and choose Mystic Flight instead (so you get both powers back).  That then frees up a power pick for you to take Siphon Power.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

My build is very similar to what you have but I have siphon power instead of teleport.  I honestly didn't take a travel power at all.  You have super jump and super speed within kinetics so I skipped them.  I have leadership basically just for tactics because I too hate to miss.

My main pre-sunset was Mind/Kin and I built her out to be control and support focused and there was no toon I would rather be on if things started to go south.

That said, it would help to know your goals and play style.  

I've mained a Mind/Kin since i6, and I've spent more time on her than all my other characters combined.  She does well enough at supporting most everything (except that I lack PvP skillz), and she's saved a lot of bad situations from going fully sideways.

I've never used Mids, but here's what I'm slotting:

Build.thumb.png.43f543cbcc54ae74ed8f35209caf8d09.png

Mind:  Everything except TK.  It's just never worked for me, though I took it at first access and respec'ed out as soon as I could.

Kin:  I don't use Repel, Siphon Power, Inertial Reduction.  Increase Density was a late choice, mainly because I finally noticed how nice the mez resistance is, but it also takes the edge off of Speed Boost for those not ready for the speed.

Psi Mastery:  Mental Blast (more ranged dmg is nice), Indomitable Will, Mind over Body, Psi Tornado

Sorcery (mainly for concept):  Arcane Bolt (more ranged dmg is nice, but a longer cast), Mystic Flight (with Stealth IO), Rune of Protection (doubles nicely with Indomitable Will)

Concealment:  Grant Invisibility, Invisibility (allows you to stealth most stuff except mobs with +Perception).  Also, both allow LotG +Recharge.

Teleportation:  Recall Friend (a holdover from Live but nice for low-level exemplars)

Alpha:  Vigor Radial Paragon (Heal, Acc, End Redux, Confuse, Sleep, Fear).  I like the +Hold from Nerve, but I get solid use out of everything Vigor provides.  As you've mentioned, we never want to miss with Mind/Kin, but I also slot for Accuracy IO set bonuses.  Were I more intentional about reslotting Incarnates for a given scenario, I might get more use out of Nerve or Intuition (Hold/Dmg)

Judgement:  Ion Core Final (usually fire-and-forget, though I'm in close quarters a lot)

Interface:  Degenerative Core Flawless (suggested for Hami raids for the -MaxHP proc)

Lore:  Storm Elementals, mainly for story reasons, but they're solid.

Destiny:  Incandescence Core Epiphany (I'm a recent convert for the team recall; I used to slot Barrier for the combat rez)

Hybrid:  Assault Radial Embodiment (+Dmg passive, Chance for Doublehit is a nice boost)

This is my only character who's never had Hasten, since Siphon Speed, LotGs, and IO set bonuses give pretty solid +Recharge.  She also never took Stamina before the Fitness Pool became inherent. (Remember those days?)

Edited by FrauleinMental
Speed Boost :)
  • Like 1

I do remember the days of the fitness pool...….so long ago lol.  I have siphon power and inertial reduction (its my travel power).  I tend to stay away from the sleep powers.  They seem useless with all the AOE's going on (very situational to me)…..so I would love to hear you sell me on them though.  I more of a support build.  I would love to be able do some really good hard control but I feel like there isn't all that much in the mind set.  I see posts that say how mind sucks, but I really enjoy playing it.

2 hours ago, Fletch42 said:

I tend to stay away from the sleep powers.  They seem useless with all the AOE's going on (very situational to me)…..so I would love to hear you sell me on them though.  I more of a support build.  I would love to be able do some really good hard control but I feel like there isn't all that much in the mind set.  I see posts that say how mind sucks, but I really enjoy playing it.

Most of the time, sleep isn't that useful because the team will burn through mobs, but sleep is useful in keeping bad situations (overaggro) from getting worse.  Sleep is mostly useful when you're soloing and need to get past something without aggro.  Sleep does cut through Purple Triangles, for what it's worth.

If you want really hard control, you probably want a Dominator.  I love my Mind/Kin--Doms will out-control me, but the secondary brings valuable support tools.

• Like 1