Farming

grumbles

I'm sure this has been asked all over but what is the best level for farming?

I can run through a +4 *8 fine, but its not exactly quick (on my Ice/SS), happy to do so for a bit of inf and recipies but whats the sweet spot?

Do I knock out the bosses?

Lower the mobs?

just wondering what is the 'Tank go to' for farming?

Ta Folks!

I have found that turning off the Boss monsters when you farm doesn't reduce the amount of inf you make because you clear that much faster.

I'm guessing this is a general content character that you use for farming every once in a while so it might not have these attacks, but an extra AoE attack like Ball Lightning and Electrifying Fences from Mu Mastery or Fireball from Pyre Mastery go a long way to clear farm maps. If you don't have access to these attacks in your current setup, then lowering the difficulty to +3 will probably do the trick.

The "Go To" for farming will always be Fiery Aura, Burn just does so much work here, not to mention Blazing Aura and Fiery Embrace. The top attacks all farmers use are Burn, Ball Lightning, Electrifying Fences and whatever pbaoe power you primary set has in it, in your case Foot Stomp. Spines is the most "Optimal" because it has an extra damage aura in it but it isn't mandatory to run Spines to be a successful farmer, mine is Savage Melee and it does just fine with Rending Flurry pbaoe and Savage Leap telenuke

Edited by Seigmoraig

I run at +3/8 but I kill the bosses. So my completion time is slower, but that doesn't matter to me, really. Im not Fire Armor though. Rad Armor/WM and I fight Energy Farms (14308 is my goto)

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

(Ignoring Inf from farms)

I believe that if you are farming for (Recipe) drops, it makes no difference between a level 50 and a level 50+X... but the Bosses and LTs have a better chance at (rarer) drops.

Been a bit bogged down with work so slow responding, thank you all for your input!

I went with Soul mastery for a bit of extra AoE and Min/Lt mobs drop quick. Also Generally go for the outdoor farms to make the fights last longer and carry mobs from fight to fight, find having a continual feed of mobs more cost efficient.

Useful insight on the recipe drops tho as that's mostly what I'm farming for. Sounds like it may be best dropping difficulty and keeping the bosses in there just for a speedy rinse and repeat.

Cheers folks! Great as always!