Villain Patron Arcs - WST

Can the patron arcs be added to the WST rotation?

A lot of people have to run these things and it's getting monotonous. Would be nice if there was some bonus reward.

They are TF length in regard to number of missions, as well as requiring AV fights, which typically requires teaming.

It would encourage more redside play and vary the redside choices for WST beyond the few options that currently exist.

They could be balanced with blueside specific trials, which don't currently enter the rotation as there is no redside counterpart.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Apparition said:

They require EB fights, not AV, and can be soloed.

ALL the TFC task forces say Hi.

Posi1 is stupidly easy (and faster than a full team) to solo, and all the others can be done very easily with lotsa ATs, or by taking some Shivens.

I dont see much difference between Posi1 and any of the Patron arcs. In fact, some of the patrons (fighting seraphina for one) are much harder. Blueside already gets TWO WTF's per week as it is.

7 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

ALL the TFC task forces say Hi.

Posi1 is stupidly easy (and faster than a full team) to solo, and all the others can be done very easily with lotsa ATs, or by taking some Shivens.

I dont see much difference between Posi1 and any of the Patron arcs. In fact, some of the patrons (fighting seraphina for one) are much harder. Blueside already gets TWO WTF's per week as it is.

Posi 1 and 2 weren't designed to be soloed. The patron arcs were.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

20 hours ago, Greycat said:

Posi 1 and 2 weren't designed to be soloed. The patron arcs were.

Posi 1 has Bosses, that's IT. Just from that, even if the devs didn't 'design' it to be solo'd, it is STILL far and away easier than any of the patron arcs.

Also..proof, in writing, that patrons were built specifically with solo players in mind? I can wait.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Razor Cure said:

Posi 1 has Bosses, that's IT. Just from that, even if the devs didn't 'design' it to be solo'd, it is STILL far and away easier than any of the patron arcs.

Also..proof, in writing, that patrons were built specifically with solo players in mind? I can wait.

From day 1, they didn't require you to form a team. You talk to an arbiter, look at the plaques, pick a patron to do arcs for. Much like any other story arc you can run solo.  As opposed to - well, any TF or SF.

You *were* around on live? Or no? Because that seems like a rather ... misinformed question. If you're used to "I can go to LFG and pick Posi and start it solo" (something ELSE you'll notice is not a Patron arc option, as unlike task/strike forces it's ... not a task/strike force, but a story arc) then you may well not know the difference.

Positron: Task force. Meant for groups, no matter what it has. Posi 1 was also (as you'll notice from the 1) part of what was a LONGER TF, the original Posi TF (available in Ouro.)

Patron arc: Story arc. Meant to be able to be soloed. No workaround to start solo, not listed in LFG. Just talk to a contact and go.

Of course, there's also just that it's called the "Positron Task Force (Part 1)" too...

There's also Paragonwiki, which lists:

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

Regardless of how live was.. 'designed' for teams, and 'meant' for teams are quite different now.

Sure, the TFC's are designed for teams, because you NEED a team to start them. But back when patrons came out, how many villains would have been soloing them?

And now every TF in the can can be started solo, so the argument can be made that the Homecoming team (i forget if the TF min members was on Live before shutdown, but I dont think so) has redesigned every single tf in the came to be soloable. Obviously not everyone can do that, but I'd also say that not everyone can solo the patron arcs either.

Regardless of design or intent, Redside SHOULD get more WTF options, especially since every week blueside gets two.

45 minutes ago, Razor Cure said:

Regardless of how live was.. 'designed' for teams, and 'meant' for teams are quite different now.

Sure, the TFC's are designed for teams, because you NEED a team to start them. But back when patrons came out, how many villains would have been soloing them?

And now every TF in the can can be started solo, so the argument can be made that the Homecoming team (i forget if the TF min members was on Live before shutdown, but I dont think so) has redesigned every single tf in the came to be soloable. Obviously not everyone can do that, but I'd also say that not everyone can solo the patron arcs either.

Regardless of design or intent, Redside SHOULD get more WTF options, especially since every week blueside gets two.

All my villains soloed mine.

And no, they have not redesigned "every single TF in the game to be soloable." They haven't touched the TFs. They may be *allowing* you to start them solo, but that is not how they were designed, any more than because SOME people can solo GMs, GMs are considered "solo" content.

Should redside get more WTF options? Sure. Doesn't mean the patron arcs should be it.

• Like 2