Role-playing questions

Garrickwest

When people roleplay on coh is it during gameplay? Or is it more like hanging out in pocket d and just roleplaying through the chat but not doing game content? Id like to do roleplaying as we go through content but dont know if thats what roleplaying is or isnt.

• Like 1

It a little bit of a mix.   Pocket D and Atlas Park are probably two of the easiest "introduction" roleplaying scenarios, followed by watching broadcast for events, like Jokers Wild hosting something in their SG base.   

Roleplaying during missions is great fun, but it's important to broadcast that interest in help/lfg when looking for a team.  It does make missions take longer, so if other players were more interested in steamrolling for XP or inf, it can lead to both of you being frustrated.

I've heard of players that go so far as making AE missions for a player-as-GM moderated roleplaying story module, even, so it's out there.   

Use the OOC channel (I also saw a "looking for RP" channel, but haven't seen activity in it) to help find people sharing your interest.   You'll find it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

@chase pretty much nailed it there.

Some people do mission roleplay.

Some people do hanging around Pocket D or the Atlas pedestal chit-chat.

Some people do roleplay through the RP Global Channel.

Some people do Architect Entertainment storylines.

Some people do private things in private places (quite a lot, actually).

And some people (like me!) do what is essentially tabletop gaming sessions, with additional dice rolls and character progression outside of the standard game combat system.

Please, do join us in the OOC and RP Global Channels!   

/chanjoin RP

/chanjoin OOC

• Like 1

Depends on what you want to do and the group you do it with. Given you said you wanted to RP through content using LFG chat and noting you want to RP is a good start. From there it's more of a matter of meeting the right people. Aside from that I have nothing to say that wasn't already said by others.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 5:57 AM, Fortuneteller said:

Sometimes when the rando radio group isn't RPing, i'll start RPing and drag them into it. Even if it's comical 'light' RP, still fun times to be had.

Actually I have never really done RP'ing but I do enjoy when the random player joins a team and really sticks to their RP'ing in character. I don't think anyone minds that at all, even most of the hard core farming XP steam rollers. One great thing, (and perhaps one of the best things) about HC - COH is that due to the age of the game, many many players if not most players are much older than today's live MMO players. This leaves us with a greater level of maturity and life experience, less trolling, more respect of others in game. So I would encourage you to RP at any time with anyone and just see where it goes. You can check the vibe or mood of the group pretty easily. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later