Bonus defense etc. from split sets gone?

the mauler

In my Mids builds I had split (as I have seen in the forums) on some of my toons the ATO sets (for instance) into two parts to get  the set bonus for 3 pieces twice. In game it is only showing me getting the bonus once. Whats up? and when did that change? did I just miss that in the patch notes? Thanks for any input!

Thanks for the response. No. I checked for that first. If you look at the View Active Sets in Mids it tells you if you have exceeded that restriction. I also looked in the Combat Attributes in game to make sure if that was the case there. I did not see it there either.

Edited by the mauler

3 hours ago, the mauler said:

Thanks for the response. No. I checked for that first. If you look at the View Active Sets in Mids it tells you if you have exceeded that restriction. I also looked in the Combat Attributes in game to make sure if that was the case there. I did not see it there either.

I'm sure you've checked this too but just to make sure, you don't have the superior sets in game but not in mids or vice versa?

On 6/3/2020 at 7:56 AM, the mauler said:

In my Mids builds I had split (as I have seen in the forums) on some of my toons the ATO sets (for instance) into two parts to get  the set bonus for 3 pieces twice. In game it is only showing me getting the bonus once. Whats up? and when did that change? did I just miss that in the patch notes? Thanks for any input!

FWIW: First 3 bonuses from Superior Unrelenting are working as expected on my Brute.  Don't have the other set collected, but the plan is to double up on that one as well.

9 hours ago, lokpyrite said:

I only remember the Brute set doing that, which other sets do that? 

In theory? All of them.  Split 3/3 across two power should double up on the first 3 set bonuses (whatever they are) as long as doing so doesn't violate the max limit of 5/any given bonus.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 6/3/2020 at 9:56 AM, the mauler said:

Try removing the sets and re-slotting them.  I've had it do that to me in Mid's before as well.  Re-slotting fixed it.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 6/5/2020 at 3:36 PM, leeowensoas said:

It should double up on the first 2 bonuses, not the first 3 (the two piece and three piece, the 3rd bonus would require 4 pieces)

Yes, sorry, mis-wrote that above.  Credit for 3 pcs = 2 bonuses.  Mechanically though, it should be working for any of the unique sets (ATOs/Purples/Etc) to split them 3/3 or 4/2 to double up on the initial set bonuses.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.