Pipe dream request: New teleport animation

So I know animations are the most problematic part of new powers, but a guy can dream, right?

Right now, the only REAL travel option for granite armor users is teleport....which doesn't really jive thematically IMO.  Was thinking it'd be cool if there were a TP animation option of your character disappearing into the ground with a spray of dirt and rocks, then reappearing at the other location the same way, as if they had burrowed their way there incredibly quickly.  Also, I haven't messed with Electric Armor yet, but I think it has a similar travel restriction?  If so, could add the reverse, where you shoot up into the sky in a bolt of lightning, and come back down as one.

Wishful thinking, I know.

• Like 1

Conceptually the only problem with that is that Teleport is targetable in midair. And rocks crumbling into midair and then appearing out of thin air makes very little sense. If you restricted it to ground targets only and used the Bedrock's death animation of crumbling into rocks and then the animation some Red Caps use of jumping out of the ground, that'd work. But adding such a restriction only on a specific customisation strikes me as something the game probably can't do, it'd have to be a seperate power. Perhaps call it Tunneling, add a few similar themed abilities and make it a new pool.

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

11 hours ago, General Idiot said:

Conceptually the only problem with that is that Teleport is targetable in midair. And rocks crumbling into midair and then appearing out of thin air makes very little sense. If you restricted it to ground targets only and used the Bedrock's death animation of crumbling into rocks and then the animation some Red Caps use of jumping out of the ground, that'd work. But adding such a restriction only on a specific customisation strikes me as something the game probably can't do, it'd have to be a seperate power. Perhaps call it Tunneling, add a few similar themed abilities and make it a new pool.

Eh, if you wanna get technical on it, I imagined that it could be like they rocketed up from the ground into the air.