Energy Melee: Energy Transfer

I would love to see energy transfer changed back to its original animation, at least for tanks. I understand why it was done in the first place, because some squishies in PvP were getting destroyed by stalkers.... Tanks don't hit nearly as hard, and could use the extra damage. Please consider this.

• 3 weeks later

Frankly, in its current form, its a pretty terrible set that basically goes unplayed on every archetype that has access to it.

Signed.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I don't want it to have its original animation back (it was an underwhelming palm strike, basically a Blast set T1 animation, very inappropriate for the most powerful melee attack in the game, and possibly the most powerful attack overall), but I wouldn't mind a faster animation.

I DESPISE the newer animation for Energy Transfer, while its all dramatic and such compared to the original it just feels sluggish. On top of this I think the set needs improvements overall - as I see next to nobody using it on any AT.

I had an En/En Brute back on live when the game closed, and ET was definitely one of my favorite attacks because it was so dramatic.

My own weird suggestion for changing it to prevent corpse-blasting?  Make the Energy damage a DoT that starts immediately (with the glowing fists), and the Smashing damage timed with the actual punch.

I still don't think it should be a one-second long palm strike, just as I don't think they should "fix" KO Blow by turning it into a finger-flick.

Maybe we need to merge these threads.  Weve got two going on now, and while Energy Melee needs help the way a 'if their not warm their not dead' semi-corpse fished from a freezing river needs help, it probably doesnt need two threads.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

• 1 year later
6 hours ago, Troo said:

why just tanks?

"Nah, make it even longer. I want to see my enemies cower as I look at both fists before they kasplode" - Galaxy Brain, Other thread

When 17 bad guys couldn't kill the tank, they have 2 seconds to contemplate their existence, their bad choices in life, and going to meet their end with the dumbest animation that has a longer hang time than an NBA player.

• Haha 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer