MM Duo?

Uplift

Pretty new to MMs but not CoX.  Looking to run a pair of MMs with a friend.  Any thoughts on synergy between 2 sets?  We currently are running Demon/Dark & Beast/Nature (only lvl 20).  And while they both feel goodish, we haven't really found the "force multiplier" combo/synergy between the sets yet.  Would different sets complement each other better?  Do we need to just let them develop?  Thoughts on a good pairing?  Share dat wisdom please lol.

The pairings are fine. Likely the leveling — all the good stuff is coming up. The characters are in the Mastermind deadzone right now (assuming you’re not slotting sets).

🔥Level 22 - slotting 25IOs

🔥🔥Level 24 - 2d Tier 2 pet

🔥🔥🔥Level 26 - Tier 3 Pet

🔥🔥🔥🔥Level 32 - Abyssal Empowerment/Tame Beasts

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

If you want the ultimate force multiplier MM duo I would say that it would be Beast/kin alongside thugs/time. Between farsight, two maneuvers, thugs leadership, all the pets will be softcapped. And then at the same time, the kin will damage cap all the pets, resulting in a massive boost to damage. With thugs/time you can double gang war and things will really get ridiculous, with a total of 32 fulcrum shifted pets on the field that are all protected by farsight and leadership. 

• Like 2

Demons/Dark and X/Nature have great synergy, but it comes late. The three skills to focus on are Wild Growth(+resists), Bastion(absorb) and Overgrowth(+damage, end redux). Once the Beasts/Nature can get these going with reasonable recharge, your pets will both shoot up in damage and survivability, while also solving all your endurance problems.

Dark should be carrying you through the early levels - Twilight Grasp is a great heal, and Tar Patch should keep mobs reasonably clumped until you kill them. With some patience you should end up with a great combo.

The only issue with the combo I can see is that beasts + demons may crowd out each other vs small targets in melee, but it's something you can probably live with. It would also encourage you to blob up, which helps keep everything within your auras and within Twilight Grasp heal range.

I think you should stick with your current combo and see it through.

Edited by BGSacho

First, do the sets need to be different? If not, I would go with double Thugs. Sending in two Bruisers who can then split aggro and stack Handclap and double Footstomps for knockdows works a lot better than sending one in who may not survive pulling all that aggro. Then, stacking Maneuvers will help get them to or close to the softcap, so you can take two sets with +Resist to stack a lot of Resists together, or one +Resist set and Kinetics.

An alternate option is double Demons, with the same plan: one set of +Resist to help get their Resists up, and one +Defense... maybe Cold and Thermal could make a theme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

Demon/cold and demon/thermal has been awesome for me and my husband.

You get two sets of shields (defence and resist) to make your pets really tough, plus heals from thermal, and some great debuffs later on. The demons bring their own shield and heal, plus /cold brings even more res with their arctic aura. Thematically it fits beautifully too, since the demons themselves focus on fire and ice, and there are even useful ice and fire apps for later on.

You can have a lot of fun with character creation. We went for arcane mages, inspired by the Ancient One and her monks from Doctor Strange.

3221FFBA-8DA5-494F-8D23-4A50F7911690.jpeg.e5650a69ad99289b27fab06c89d0e3fe.jpeg

07649841-CCD5-4051-9292-DB44E4168E39.jpeg.29292edff1cf6a3f5e24172d3510a4ba.jpeg

If I could I’d give them martial arts too! 
was tempted to go ninjas, but we really wanted the sorcery.

Freezing Dragonfly and Flaming Dragonfly

MM is not my favourite AT, but together these two have been a blast!

Edited by Peacemoon

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone