Energy Font in Pet Powers...

Rumbleweed

So I was wondering what happens when you put the Recharge/Energy Font enhancement in a control set pet power, like Singularity. Does it have a chance to proc Energy Font once when you cast it, and once each time the pet makes an attack?

Does it matter the type of pet attacks? For example, Singularity gets a hold, immobilize, and knock up attack. Do all three have a chance to proc energy font? Or only the ones that have a confuse/hold/immobilize/sleep/stun/fear component? Does the auto repel effect have a chance to proc energy font for each mob that gets repelled??

I assume, whatever the answer, it works the same for dominators and the as it does for controllers...

It does not.

The Energy Font ATO checks to see if the user of the power is a Controller, and if not, then it won't activate. So if you put it into a power like Singularity, it will activate with a 90% chance when you summong Singy, but not at any time that Singy may use any of its powers.

Same for Tornado, Dark Servant, Spectral Terror, etc.. it will proc upon summons but not afterwards.

3 minutes ago, Coyote said:

On the pet, for sure. I'm not sure if it triggers on a pet summons also, but the pets definitely have a chance to benefit from it.

Interesting.  So each Fire Imp would carry around a Chance for Buildup.  Hrm.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

On the pet, for sure. I'm not sure if it triggers on a pet summons also, but the pets definitely have a chance to benefit from it.

It used to trigger on pet summons - you could put it in your Tornado and you'd get the Boost Up - but I believe they changed it at some point. Currently, it appears to only work for normal pets (i.e. not pseudo-pets) on the pet itself.

• Like 1