Good duo for a Elec/Beam defender?

Hello, my friend and I are jumping back into CoH after taking a year off. We've been talking about making a 2-person team for a while and now we might actually do it. He's got a brand-new Elec/Beam defender that I'd love to team up with, but what? I'm tempted to continue the electric theme but don't have my heart set on it. I'm not sure if his Elec primary will do enough end drain to make it worthwhile for me to try to stack end drains for a sapper duo. Stacking Faraday Cages might be nice though? Some ideas I'm considering:

Elec/Elec brute

Kin/Elec defender

Elec/Elec corruptor

Elec/Martial dominator (I can't bring myself to get excited about any of the secondaries that have Power Up, but he'd have Amp Up eventually so maybe I could get by without?)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

8 hours ago, 0th Power said:

It might be a good idea to do another beam rifle to take advantage of disintegration. 

definitely. disintegration stack is awesome sauce!

But based on your short listed choices, I'd go with the corruptor or dominator. both will synergise well with the defender and you'll find your ATs complement each other. A Beam/Elec Corruptor or Elec/Rad Dominator may go thematically well, if I'm reading you right. /Martial Dom is fun, though.

I feel that Brutes and another Defender may make some of your friend's powers redundant.

14 hours ago, LiquidBandage said:

Another Beam Rifle Defender as a duo could be great.

You could be the Vegan Police (from Scott Pilgrim), running around zapping all the naughty vegans. Lots of emote / role play possibilities there. Could be lots of fun.

"Gelato is Milk & Eggs Bitch"

Thanks for the advice! You've all convinced me to try stacking Beam Rifles.

And although in theory I love characters with matching (and stacking!) powersets, in practice I don't want to step on his toes with a copycat character, so that eliminates Electric Affinity.

I didn't bring up themes because my friend has a steampunk theme and I figure I can make pretty much anything steampunk with the right costume and backstory. (Stick a gear on it! Just kidding.) I love the Vegan Police idea though. ("Chicken isn't vegan?" LOL)

That leaves me with Corrupter and Blaster, maaaaaaybe Defender.

Did some fiddling around in the character creator and I've got a pretty cool-looking automaton soldier. Thought it might be fun to take a /Dark secondary and say I'm putting out clouds of coal smoke. Well, I took a look at Darkness Manipulation on Blasters and unless I'm missing something big, I don't love it. At all.

So...Beam/Dark Corrupter it is!

• Like 1