Searching for certain roleplay

Patti

I'm sure there is... But anything out of the ordinary is more likely to be done among members of SGs or with specific groups of friends rather than by randoms standing around under Atlas or in Pocket D. That means that FINDING that kind of group and joining it is mostly a matter of knowing someone who knows someone who's already a participant.  

• Sad 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

It's ever been thus... At least it was back in the Live days... and I haven't come across anything on Homecoming that suggests that dynamic has changed here. 

Your best bet is to just talk to people, I suspect. Eventually you'll run into that "somebody who knows someone who's part of an SG".

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I don't mean to harp, but searching in-game may be most productive.  The forums offer a great potential tool, but without more people checking here, the forums lose a lot of the impact they'd otherwise have for recruitment and social gathering.

The LFG Channel on Everlasting has periodic requests for roleplay teams.  Can't guarantee they'll be "non-comicky," but it might be a good place to start.

And, of course, there are always the OOC and RP Global Channels.

/chanjoin OOC

/chanjoin RP

Things tend to be pretty diverse in there, with quite a few tones sometimes clashing.  It can be odd seeing a pastiche 1950s comic character talking to a parody of 1990s "realism," and then getting interrupted by an earnest horror from beyond space and time.  But it's also a nice way to meet people and start some scenes.

But, as for the particulars of your criteria . . . they pretty much align with what I run.  

I tend to focus on the sociological impact of living in a world such as the one expressed in this game.  The setting may be unrealistic in a lot of ways, but I like to keep the characters themselves grounded in realistic human behaviour and motivations.  Most of my characters recognize the inherent threats being posed to their livelihood and health and freedom, even if not the absolute scale of those threats.  And, just like in real life, they continue to soldier on with their day-to-day routines, searching for various activities and interactions which can give their lives meaning and fulfilment in a world where they could literally be snuffed out of existence on the whims of some higher power(s).

It's perhaps a little bleak, but the constant undercurrent of hope and comfort in the mundane gives things a nice, warm, "fuzzy" feeling to help offset the otherwise crushing existential ennui imparted by the knowledge that everything could just END at any moment.  It also opens the door to explain the psychological drive for some people to join groups like Vahzilok, attend Carnie parties despite the obvious risks, or push themselves to the limit to join Malta or the Knives of Artemis.

Just like real life.

So, hey!   If that interests you; hit me up in-game!   @VileTerror is my main account.

If I was looking for something outside of the norms I'd approach anyone out in the world that had the Roleplaying tag above their head. Whenever I have that tag on show I'm up for Roleplay no matter where I end up!