Caltrops/WebGrenade bugged?

nightchrome

So I've noticed recently that for some reason, caltrops and/or web grenade cause me to be unable to jump....and even break frees won't help. For starters, caltrops aren't supposed to do -jump right? Doesn't matter how many BF you pop, you can't jump. At one point I got mass mobbed and all movement was basically impossible. Is something possible wrong?

Give it a try by fighting knives of artemis without immob protection. Then try with just Combat Jumping. Won't make a difference. Break frees either.

• Thanks 1

But Caltrops don't have -jump just -spd

I'm going through villain arcs and that means fighting a lot of Arachnos and Knives of Artemis, both of which spam web grenade and caltrops.

I've never felt so stuck to the ground in all my years playing.

At one point I got mobbed by a huge group, spammed a ton of web grenade, it was as good as a hold.

Popped at least a dozen BF, still could not even move a single step.

Edited by nightchrome

I'm not looking for ways around it, I'm just concerned it's not working properly.

It really is an obscene amount of immob stacking and -jump, and seems broken.

But there is also the possibility I'm imagining things.

It's like suddenly being forced to be a Granite tanker outta nowhere.

Edited by nightchrome

it might be broken, as you think. things do break once in a while.

This might be an opportunity for the people that have the know-how to take a look at this and see if it's really working as intended or not.

I would not even know where to begin besides looking at the wiki and the combat logs, since i just play the game and never have bothered testing anything.

But on a side note that reminded me of how back on live the Knives of Artemis would stack caltrops up to my knees.

3 hours ago, nightchrome said:

But Caltrops don't have -jump just -spd

Not sure why you think this? They do have -jump, a LOT of it (-50,000% as a matter of fact).  Caltrops would probably be pretty worthless otherwise as mobs would also just jump right out of them.

Web grenade has the same.  I don't believe break frees effect movement so no they wouldn't help.  Need to avoid them or get slow resistance.

image.thumb.png.0d4309a8daabd946d20f2ca699176938.png

• Like 1