First lvl 50 build

ObsceneBlue79

So obviously, this is my first lvl 50 build I doing. I'm pushing Acc hard as I only have a couple AoE powers, so what I shoot at I need to hit, and being a blaster defense isn't something I was concerned with. I'm squishy, I die, it happens usually b/c I bite off more than I could chew. I haven't gotten to incarnates yet, still working on that.

Not being concerned with D is why I dropped the 6th slot on most of the powers, and I'll exclude the Chance for (x) enh when I slot those powers. I really only pick up D powers because I was running out of powers to grab that seemed useful and I rarely melee with this toon

I think the bonuses will stack like so:

Acc 126%/DMG 21.5%/Recharge 78.75%/Regen 54%/Recovery 10.5%/Health 6.4%/Range 30% 

any suggestions or something I'm not doing right?

Energy / Energy Blaster

Power # of Slots Enhancement Set x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6
Power Bolt 5 Superior Blaster's Wrath   Acc 15 Range 10 DMG 4 Recharge 10 RangeD(E/NE) 5(2.52)
Power Thrust 1 IO Acc Enh Acc Enh                
Power Blast 5 Superior Blaster's Wrath   Acc 15 Range 10 DMG 4 Recharge 10 RangeD(E/NE) 5(2.52)
Fly 2 Soaring   Recovery 1                
Power Burst 5 Superior Blaster's Wrath   Acc 15 Range 10 DMG 4 Recharge 10 RangeD(E/NE) 5(2.52)
Sniper Blast 5 Sting of the Manticore   Regen 12 RangeD(E/NE) 1.88(.94) DMG 3 Recharge 7.5    
Hasten 3 IO Rechare Enh Recharge Enh Recharge Enh Recharge Enh        
Hover 4 Luck of the Gambler   Regen 10 Health 1.13 Acc 9        
Energy Torrent 5 Positron's Blast   Recovery 2.5 F/C 1.58 Acc 9 Recharge 6.25 Toxic 3.13
Energize 5 Numina's Convalescence   Regen 12 Health 1.88 Healing 6 Hold R 3.3    
Stealth 4 Luck of the Gambler   Regen 10 Health 1.13 Acc 9        
Build Up 5 Adjusted Targeting   DMG 2 E/NE 1.26 Acc 9 Recharge 5    
Aim 5 Adjusted Targeting   DMG 2 E/NE 1.26 Acc 9 Recharge 5    
Combat Jumping 5 Red Fortune   Imm R 2.2 F/C 1.26 DMG 2 Recharge 5    
Explosive Blast 6 Javelin Volley   Recovery 2 Regen 10 DMG 2.5 Slow R 10 Acc 7
Afterburner 2 Soaring   Recovery 1                
Jump Kick 1 IO Acc Enh Acc Enh                
NOVA 5 Armageddon   Recovery 4 F/C 2.52 Acc 15 Recharge 10    
Acrobatics 3 IO End Enh End Enh End Enh End Enh        
Power Boost 1 IO Rechare Enh Recharge Enh                
Invisibility 1 IO End Enh End Enh                
Phase Shift 1 IO End Enh End Enh                
Total Focus 5 Crushing Impact   Imm R 2.2 Health 1.13 Acc 7 Recharge 5    
Stun 5 Crushing Impact   Imm R 2.2 Health 1.13 Acc 7 Recharge 5    
Inherent                          
Brawl 1                        
PPS 1                        
Sprint 1                        
Rest 1                        
Inherent Fitness                          
Swift 1                        
Hurdle 1                        
Health 2 IO Heal Enh Heal Enh Health Enh            
Stamina 2 IO End Mod Enh End Mod Enh End Mod Enh            

• Like 1

Ideally I would download/install the latest version of Mids' Reborn.  The build planner can help you see totals for various things, let you know which IO's are unique, when you're exceeding the rule of 5 and other things as well as let you look at other builds to see how they did what.

But kudos to you for jumping in the deep end and creating the build and format above.  Definitely qualifies for trying to do it yourself a common complaint leveled when folks just ask for a build without that effort.  

Unfortunately my computer died and this phone is my sole access to the internet.

Hopefully my post will get you some responses 

Edited by Doomguide2005

The Superior Blaster's Wrath sets are uniques. You can only slot one of each IO in the set in the build.

I'd drop Acrobatics unless you want it for something specific beyond Knock* protection.  IO's can provide KB/KD protection if that's why you took Acrobatics.  Once Acrobatics is gone I'd assume Jump Kick is also unneeded as I'm going to guess you had it to unlock Acrobatics since the character plays out of melee mostly.

If you plan to primarily team I'd recommend grabbing the KB to KD IO in your AoE's.  It's a touchy subject but many folks don't really care for KB and the scatter it can cause.

Total Focus is theatrically grand.  It's also slow as molasses the last time I checked.  You could end up hammering a lot of corpses.  Bonesmasher is much quicker and hits quite hard as well.  Consider swapping.

Stun does minimal damage.  Use a Stun set instead ... Absolute Amazement perhaps and keep them mezzed longer.

There's a number of uniques and other IO's that get common use in a lot of builds that could be added as well.  Miracle unique, Numina's unique, LotG global recharge, Kismet +6% Accuracy (a inaccuracy it's actually +To Hit), and a bunch more.  But I need sleep, but I'll be back.

Mids will make your build planning a lot easier, but kudos for taking the time to put down your build on a spreadsheet. You'll be an expert with builds in no time!

Here is the forum for Mids, you can download the application in the second sticky thread:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/74-forum/

It's not perfect, there are errors in the mids database but it's mostly accurate, and it sure beats tracking everything on excel.

I took your build and replicated it in mids, for other posters interested in helping out here it is:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Blaster
Primary Power Set: Energy Blast
Secondary Power Set: Energy Manipulation
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leaping

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Bolt -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Power Blast -- Empty(A), Empty(7), Empty(7), Empty(9), Empty(9)
Level 4: Fly -- Srn-EndRdx/Fly(A), Srn-EndRdx(15)
Level 6: Power Burst -- Empty(A), Empty(11), Empty(11), Empty(13), Empty(13)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(15), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(17), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(17), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(23)
Level 14: Energy Torrent -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(25), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(25), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(31), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31)
Level 16: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal(34)
Level 18: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36)
Level 20: Build Up -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(36), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(36), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(37), AdjTrg-Rchg(37)
Level 22: Aim -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(37), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(39), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(39), AdjTrg-Rchg(39)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(40), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-Def(42)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- JvlVll-Dam%(A), JvlVll-Acc/Dmg(27), JvlVll-Dam/Rech(27), JvlVll-Dam/End/Rech(29), JvlVll-Acc/End/Rech(29), JvlVll-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(31)
Level 28: Afterburner -- Srn-EndRdx(A), Srn-EndRdx/Fly(42)
Level 30: Jump Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Nova -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Rchg(43), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 35: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(45), EndRdx-I(45)
Level 38: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Invisibility -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Stun -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(45), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Total Focus -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(48), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Phase Shift -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(50)
------------

The blaster ATOs are unique, so you can't have 3 sets of them, hence the 5 empty slots in power blast and power burst.

Before we start here is some recommended reading, it will help you understand how defense works in this game, it's not tremendously complicated compared to other games.

https://dechskaison.blogspot.com/2011/01/why-is-softcap-so-important.html

Here is another link that discusses accuracy, a bit more convoluted but worth a read

Let's talk about ACC first, take a look at the ACC stat for energy torrent, it has a 95% acc rating against mobs +3 to you, which is the effective cap because you always have a 5% chance to miss no matter how high your ACC is.

image.png.0962eba46e151bdbe4173269225efd2c.png

Now I'm going to slot hover with just one kismet +to hit IO and get rid of the set of luck of the gamblers which gives you 9% acc bonus and this is what happens:

image.thumb.png.76599b0de4242971b0ef12467cf87a88.png

The higher acc rating buffers debuffs that some enemies throw out. I hope that gives you some perspective on the benefits of to-hit vs ACC.

Now let's look at your survival, I hope you read the softcap article. This is what you have:

image.thumb.png.7e32a163716c1fa004d49ad70da116fa.png

Not much defense, not much resist.

This is what high end blaster builds can have, the difference in survival is very noticeable.

image.png.a16fc51bb62461d7eb3cd021f490d28b.png

Getting these numbers is not cheap, but it can be done. Ranged hover blasters build for ranged defense softcap rather than typed defense and that is achievable too (and cheaper to do). Plus they often pair their softcap range defense with a resist epic shield so they can get 50+% resistance to a few damage types as well.

General comments about what you have right now:

Jump kick is unnecessary, you can replace that with a power from the epic pool.

Acrobatics and phase shift are both relics in today's CoH but if you are going to keep them you don't need to 3 slot Acro with end reduction, just one will do. If you hop onboard the building for defense bandwagon you can sub those out all together for powers that align with your defense goal better.

Hasten doesn't need to be 3 slotted at 50, you can using enhancement boosters and boost two level 50 recharge IOs, so you can shave a slot from hasten and put it somewhere else

Assuming you have a PC, download mids, play around in it, figure out your build goals, ask more questions here, and we'll help you revise.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Thanks for the notes guys, I'll d/l mids and work on it some more. 

I took Acrobatics for the small bit of Hold protection/resistance it offered, and I was honestly running out of powers that seemed to make a difference. I think I should drop the Leaping pool altogether and had picked it up for CJ, but I was trying to find more useful powers than melee ones. I don't see melee to be of much use for a blaster and I really only use them as a last FU before I die.

Edited by ObsceneBlue79

Power Pool: Fighting

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Power Blast -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 4: Fly -- Srn-Fly(A), Srn-EndRdx/Fly(9)
Level 6: Power Burst -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(11), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Apc-Acc/Rchg(13), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(13)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(15), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(17), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(17), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), KBDist-I(19)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GifoftheA-Def(27), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(27), Ksm-ToHit+(48)
Level 14: Energy Torrent -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(21), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(21), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(23), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), KBDist-I(25)
Level 16: Energize -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29)
Level 18: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 20: Build Up -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Build%(33)
Level 22: Aim -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(34), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(34), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(34), AdjTrg-Rchg(36)
Level 24: Afterburner -- Srn-Fly(A), Srn-EndRdx/Fly(31)
Level 26: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Explosive Blast -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(39), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(39), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(39), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(40), KBDist-I(40)
Level 30: Tough -- ImpArm-ResDam(A), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(40), ImpArm-EndRdx/Rchg(43), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 32: Nova -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), KBDist-I(37)
Level 35: Invisibility -- Empty(A)
Level 38: Phase Shift -- Empty(A)
Level 41: Stun -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(42), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(42), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 44: Bone Smasher -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-Def(50), RedFrt-EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Power Boost -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(50)
Level 50: Musculature Total Core Revamp 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Interface 
Level 50: Phantom Ally 
Level 50: Ion Judgement 
Level 50: Ageless Invocation 
Level 50: Assault Genome 
------------

Huge thank you for telling me about mids, so much easier. I changed up some of the sets from mids offering a better option of what is allowed vs using paragon wiki to look everything up as I was before.

I dropped Leaping in this build and Picked up Fighting for Tough and Weave. I would've liked to keep CJ just because of how little the end cost is but I don't know what other powers to take, I agree that jump kick is worthless to me as is boxing but weave seemed better that acrobatics. The epic pool powers have little appeal for me, I've not used any but the only one that I've considered is PFF. I'm not overly fond of self affecting powers though b/c in combat those powers are useless, unless I'm trying to get away after getting in too deep.

Also the KB enh that I slotted are KB -> KDs that I actually have slotted, I couldn't find that enh in the builder.

It's probably obvious but I tend to build my toons around team play, which is the main reason I don't worry about def much but this build did get me up to ~ 10% on all Def.

You won't get mezzed if mezzes can't hit you in the first place, food for thought.

The reality is that you will still get mezzed, either with acrobatics or with high defenses, no matter how high your defense enemies still have a 5% chance to hit you. Acro will let you shrug off one hold but doesn't do anything against sleeps and stuns. Unlike acro, defense bonuses from sets still work when you are mezzed, so you are still a little bit harder to hit. Combining inspirations into breakfrees should be second nature to blasters and they can partially solve for the mez issue with breakfrees and rune of protection while leveling up, and clarion destiny when they get to incarnate levels.

Regarding teaming, there will be times where you will be the lone blaster on an all melee team, or on a team with little support, and there will also be times where you are on teams with selfish support players that play poorly or don't adopt to team dynamics. It doesn't hurt to build for survival, blasters already do enough damage out of the gate. The idea of the holy trinity is greatly downplayed in this game, people will invite whoever and run content, and the reason why some of those "poorly balanced" teams do well is because people build for survival so they can take care of themselves.

Here is an semi-budget example of a build using your powersets tuned for ranged defense. Some notes about the build:

- It makes up for the loss of hasten by using the force feedback chance for 100% global recharge proc in many of the attacks. Those procs give you 100% increased global recharge for 5 seconds when they trigger and the sheer number of powers I put them in will increase the chances that you will get a trigger.

- Energize is perma so you should not run into any endurance issues even with minimal investment of end recovery slotting. This should be your autopower.

- There are IO sets for melee powers that have good bonuses for ranged defense, that's why total focus is included. The superior ATO slotted in TF gives you 5% ranged defense.

- Bonfire with the kb-kd converter is a game changer, it will cause mobs in a large area to be continuously knocked down so you can pick them off. This is a must pick power for the typical hover blaster.

- I took combat jumping because it provides complete immunity to immobilization. The difference between mez protection (combat jumping) vs resist (weave) is that resist only shorten the duration of the mez.

- The chance to build up proc goes in aim, so when you use aim it gives you a build up effect too for more damage.

- Your accuracy rating is 95% or more without tactics, and with tactics higher to buffer you against debuffs.

- You have almost 60% resist to the most common damage types in the game, layered on top of your ranged defense.

- Afterburner is a self affecting power but it also gives you increased flight speed and another place for a luck of the gambler 7.5% global recharge IO. Turn this on to travel around.

- The power pick order is chosen so that when you run lower level content exemplared you are at ranged defense softcap by level 30 if you slot your powers with Attuned IOs (You don't need to attune the Armageddon purple set and the PvP IOs such as shield wall).

With this build you don't need to hang back and wait for others to establish aggro before you start shooting, you can be much more aggressive.

Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Bolt -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Energy Torrent -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(3), Artl-Acc/Dam(15), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(15), Artl-Dam/End(17), Dtn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17)
Level 4: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(13)
Level 6: Power Burst -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(19), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(9), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(9), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(11), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(13)
Level 12: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 16: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(27), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal(37), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(48)
Level 18: Power Blast -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(34), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(36)
Level 20: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(21), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(21)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(25), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), RctArm-ResDam(48)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(27), Artl-Acc/Dam(33), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(33), Artl-Dam/End(34), Dtn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(29), ShlWal-Def(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-ResDam%(33)
Level 32: Nova -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Arm-Dam%(43)
Level 35: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(40), Artl-Dam/Rech(43), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(43)
Level 38: Total Focus -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(40)
Level 41: Fire Shield -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46), UnbGrd-ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(50)
Level 44: Char -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(45), Lck-Rchg/Hold(45), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46), Lck-%Hold(46)
Level 47: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(50), BlsoftheZ-Travel(50)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany
------------

Once you understand the power of defense in this game you can try your hand at a melee blaster. It's an experience like no other and I'd be happy to teach you techniques that help you succeed.

Edited by Nemu

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

Enjoying the conversation on another players first 50 blaster being an Energy/Energy.

Below is the build I am running right now. Very fun and fast hiting blaster. Feel free to use it, break it apart and make it your own. I also welcome any feedback.

With Capped S/L resistance and very solid defenses along with a regen of 35hp/sec (44hp/sec with Unleased Potential) and a heal every 40secs it is very study. Not to mention the ranged fighting with knockdowns to start with. It also has Unleased Potential and Force of Nature for backups. (Admittedly I hardly ever use Force of Nature.) It is also very budget friendly and has zero endurance issues.

It also has a snipe on a 4sec recharge with hasten, along with three force feedbacks slotted to make this a very fast and fun blaster. I picked the first two powers and the snipe as my attack chain since the damage/activation is better than Power Burst. Nova is up every 30-40sec.

Anyways, I welcome feedback; and for others to make this build their own.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Power Pool: Force of Will
Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Tmp-Acc/Dmg(A), Tmp-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Tmp-Dmg/Rchg(3), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(5), FrcFdb-Rechg%(5)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(7), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(9), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Energy Torrent -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(11), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(11), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), PstBls-Dam%(13), FrcFdb-Rechg%(15)
Level 4: Build Up -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-ToHit(7)
Level 6: Power Blast -- Tmp-Acc/Dmg(A), Tmp-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Tmp-Dmg/Rchg(21), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(21), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Apc-Dam%(27), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(29)
Level 10: Bone Smasher -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(29), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(31), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), TchofDth-Dam%(33)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--Build%(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(34)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 16: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal(37), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(37)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(19), Krm-ResKB(23), Rct-ResDam%(39), Ksm-ToHit+(39)
Level 20: Mighty Leap -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 22: Weaken Resolve -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 24: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 26: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 28: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 30: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Nova -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(40), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Obl-%Dam(43)
Level 35: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 38: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(40), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45), UnbGrd-ResDam(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(48)
Level 44: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(50), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(50), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Force of Nature -- TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Heal(15), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(17)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(17)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement 
------------

Thanks

SB

Ingame build picture

image.png

Energy / Energy Blaster is a great choice and affords a lot of variety. It's also hella fun to play.

There is some great advice being provided. These are merely recommendations and examples to give a good base of information from which to create you character.

Question: Are you at 50 now or just planning the path to 50?

I ask because those are definitely two different points in the game.

Additional Info:

• Most of the cheaper sets are just fine. Decimation and Crushing impacts are great on this combo while learning the ropes. After that, all sorts of builds are possible.
    • Variety: Honestly, so many possibilities. As an example, I only use 3 powers from the Energy Blast primary.
  • If not mentioned, the "Law of Fives": We can have up to 5 of the same set bonus. (Luck of the Gambler 7.5% recharge is an exception) 

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I have this toon at lvl 50.

The idea of having a blaster with so much defense is such a foreign idea to me, that it's kinda hard to wrap my head around it b/c I think I'm losing so much dmg to other sets.

Honestly these builds to me, look more like something a scapper would use. With more thought though, it seems the whole point to set bonuses would be to give your toons attributes they might otherwise not be able to get through the chosen powers.

This is all really good information, I'll keep working on it.

Yep, you got it.

High end builds are able to bend what's possible. Some folks might focus on recharge or damage. Others focus on defenses. Having fun is the most important part.

Not every blaster needs crazy stats to be effective or successful. Also, those stats tend to come at a cost to other areas.

What is possible with time and investment can be ridiculous (though maybe not even needed).

Spoiler

The Energy / Energy Blaster I use with only 3 Energy Blast powers before incarnates took almost a year..

image.thumb.png.03e431f8e7308746b28cfd9a9226d5f1.png

..and it cost everything

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

A lot of the endurance reduction is from enhancements.

Crushing Impact for example:

• Accuracy/Damage,
  • Damage/Endurance,
  • Damage/Recharge,
  • Accuracy/Damage/Recharge,
  • Accuracy/Damage/Endurance, and
  • Damage/Endurance/Recharge.

At 50 these total up to 68.9% each for endurance reduction, accuracy and recharge. As well as 101.47% for damage. (I typically will only use 5 of the 6.. I don't get the full value)

In my opinion Energize it too good not to have. A heal is handy. That it has bult-in Endurance Reduction is a bonus.

Hope this is helping. Loved that you did a spreadsheet.

Edited by Troo

Yeah I know the various enhancements have end reduction on them, I'm meaning this number vvvv

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

The highest I've gotten mine is 6ish %

I see the set bonus is related to the blue bar but I'm not seeing where they are able to get such a high number.

Also I guess I should ask if that set bonus is specific to the power it's slotted under or is it more global?

Previous to reworking the build, I was getting over 210% recovery making Energize only mildly useful. I only mention that because, that's one of the places where I was losing a lot of better set bonuses thinking that I needed that much recovery.

Edited by ObsceneBlue79

That's Energize. It heals, gives you a regen boost, and reduces endurance cost globally dramatically, all the more reason to have it on auto. 

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

I'm not sure what I did to make that number jump up on my build or why it wasn't recognizing Energize b/c I've had it in the build the whole time but I've gotten it to read about the same percentage now. <--- I've figured this out now, I didn't know you could turn the powers on and off in the builder.

So this is where I'm at

Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(37), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(42)
Level 2: Power Blast -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(36)
Level 4: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(9)
Level 6: Power Burst -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(11), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Apc-Acc/Rchg(13), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(13)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(15), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(17), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(17), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(19)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), Srn-EndRdx(19)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(27), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(27)
Level 14: Tough -- ImpArm-ResDam(A), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23)
Level 16: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(29), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(34), NmnCnv-Heal(36), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(40)
Level 18: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(42), RctRtc-ToHit(43)
Level 20: Build Up -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-ToHit(31)
Level 22: Aim -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-ToHit(33)
Level 24: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/Rchg(46), Rct-Def(46)
Level 26: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def(46), RedFrt-EndRdx(50)
Level 28: Explosive Blast -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(39), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(39), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40)
Level 30: Energy Torrent -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(40), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(43), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(43), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(25)
Level 32: Nova -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Rchg(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(37)
Level 35: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), Rgn-Knock%(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 38: Boxing -- RzzDzz-Immob%(A)
Level 41: Stun -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Bone Smasher -- KntCmb-Knock%(A), KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(31), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(33), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Afterburner -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50), BlsoftheZ-Travel(50)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Prv-Absorb%(34)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Total Core Revamp 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Interface 
Level 50: Phantom Ally 
Level 50: Ion Judgement 
Level 50: Ageless Invocation 
Level 50: Assault Genome 
------------

I messed up a couple of the enh on this build that I thought were in place, but nonetheless thank you all who commented on this. I think I have a much better understanding of how to build a toon, the biggest of which I think is realizing that you can mix and match sets under the same power to get a lot of bonuses. Much appreciated. 

Edited by ObsceneBlue79