So how bad is Street Justice?

Dischord

Kind of surprised you haven't seen it at all. Street Justice is not a bad set in the slightest. It's quite generalist, and its AoEs are small, so it lacks a bit of the laser focus some other sets bring. But it's nowhere close to bad.

I feel like I bump into a lot of WP and Shield Tankers running StJ, because of thematics, but I have seen Street Justice paired with just about everything. It's fine.

Street Justice is excellent. The most likely reason you don't see it much on Tankers ie likely due to Super Strength. SS occupies a similar theme space, or arguably an even more iconic one. KO Blow is overpowered, Rage is overpowered, Foot Stomp is overpowered. Foot Stomp less so since the Tanker buffs improving other AoEs, but you get the point. Historically and to this day, SS has been very very strong especially on Tankers who get full benefit to Rage, meaning there's inertia in "moving" to a newer powerset like StJ.

I feel like Street Justice is a bit lacking as it seems to only bring damage to the table. I leveled a Street Justice Brute to 50, kitted her out with IOs and was working on incarnates, then abandoned her and stripped her for parts. I want more from a set than what Street Justice brings to the table, even if the fun factor was there. On my Super Reflexes Brute, that was Dark Melee for the heal. On my Dark Armor Tanker, that was Martial Arts for the +10% defense.

3 hours ago, Werner said:

I feel like Street Justice is a bit lacking as it seems to only bring damage to the table. I leveled a Street Justice Brute to 50, kitted her out with IOs and was working on incarnates, then abandoned her and stripped her for parts. I want more from a set than what Street Justice brings to the table, even if the fun factor was there. On my Super Reflexes Brute, that was Dark Melee for the heal. On my Dark Armor Tanker, that was Martial Arts for the +10% defense.

Street Justice does also bring a pretty wide suite of soft control to the table, with knockups, knockdowns, disorients, fear, and a hold. You don't have a ton of control over who gets affected when, so it doesn't work for actually locking things down, but it does provide a lot and a wide variety of incidental mitigation.