Complete uninstall, how?

Sovera

I've been having a myriad little bugs annoying me and decided to try re-installing all clean and simple with no extras. But I find myself unable to obtain a clean CoH.

The first attempt at re-installing showed my account name was still present at the log-in screen. Okay, that is not clean. A bit of googling found the Cryptic/CoH regedit key and I deleted that.

Second attempt, no account name present, looks good, graphic settings are unset and I'm asked to set them. Alright. Character screen is set by date created and not where I have moved my characters.

Everything looks clean... and then I enter the game... and my UI is as I saved it. My keybinds are how I saved them as well.

How da heck? Are the UI and keybinds saved in the server? I thought that the keybinds were saved on a text file in the CoH's directory but a quick glance showed no keybind file and yet my keybinds are how I set them.

At this point I don't know if there are more hidden files or registry entries, or if that information I mentioned is saved online and that's why it was available.

If you cleared the registry keys and deleted the game folder after uninstalling, you should get a clean slate.

Have you tried

/window_resetall

and

/keybind_reset

in-game?

Edited by DoctorDitko

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

1 minute ago, DoctorDitko said:

If you cleared the registry keys and deleted the game folder after uninstalling, you should get a clean slate.

Have you tried

/window_resetall

in-game?

It should have, but with my UI and keybinds the same as they were prior to the uninstall this appears to be a no. Unless both are kept server side.

Try

/window_resetall

and

/keybind_reset

and see how it goes.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)