Help with Demon/Dark pls!

GuilmonDude

I recently hit 50 with my mm but i'm running into multiple issues in that the build i was following has a ton of defensive toggles for myself so its extremely hard to do anything or my endurance goes bye bye.

My pets also don't feel durable at all and when they die i feel like having all those toggles for myself is quite useless when all the focus shifts to me. I'm also having a hard time managing to sneak in usage of corruption and even crack whip between all the secondary abilities which have quite a long casting animation.

Right now i just have the base 42% enhancements slotted and just started with incarnate, urgently slotting in a cardiac boost which made things better but not too much. Anyone has a solid mm build or something i should do early as i build up to it? just so i dont have to stare at my endurance bar everytime im using anything. Doesn't help i had the money disabled...

Aura buff IOs are game breaking for masterminds.  While I do not have a Demon/Dark, I have a Demon/ff and demon/thermal and ninja/dark along with necro/dark.  Petrifying Gaze and Howling Twilight is optional, ignore Black Hole

Demonlings: 2 acc/dmg hamis (Nucleolus Exposure), 1 acc/dmg/end pet dmg IO (any), 1 end reduction, 2 aura buffs, make sure Command of the Mastermind: rech/+def all is in this pet, Demonlings die the most often of all and the little bit of recharge helps a tiny bit.

Gargoyles: 2 acc/dmg hamis, 1 acc/dmg/end pet dmg IO, 1 heal/end hami (golgi exposure), 2 aura buffs

Prince: Same as Demonlings, but make sure the aura IO: Mark of Supremacy: End reduction/+resist all/+regen is in this pet.  Reason why is the Prince uses a lot of endurance and this helps

Aura buff IOs, ignore "cant be slotted into mastermind pets", changed on HC:

Sovereign Right

Expedient Reinforcement

Mark of Supremacy

-

Edict of the Master

Call to Arms

Command of the Mastermind

Twilight Grasp: 1 50+5 acc, 5/6 doctored wounds

Tar patch: 2 rech

Darkest Night: 2 Enzyme Exposures (hami end/-tohit), 1 -tohit/end/rech IO.  I use Dampened Spirits

Fearsome Stare - Frankenslot: 1 50+5 acc, 4/6 Dark Watcher's Despair (skip proc and end/rech), 1 acc/rech cloud senses.  Fearsome Stare is best used as a tohit debuffer.  the terror effect is shit

Shadow Fall: 3 Ribosome Exposures (hami end/res).  Optional: 2 def, 1 lotg +rech.  The defense gain from Shadow Fall is small, but it stacks with the aura buffs for pets, -tohit from other stuff.  And for later, I took Maneuvers.  Stacking shadow fall with def + slotted maneuvers is aprox 9.5% def to all

Dark Servant - semi-franken slot: 4/6 dark watchers(skip proc and end/rech), and 2 Cloud Senses, acc/rech and acc/end/rech

If all aura buffs are in place you are looking at 19.5% def to all, 29.5% def to AoE.  Tack on Darkest Night or Fearsome Stares -17% tohit each

And resists should be: 50%~ s/l, 65% e/n/p.  these are guesses. 30% resist to all from IOs, 10% resist to most from garg buff, 20% shadowfalls e/n/p and whatever demons inherents are.  not logged in to check

• Like 1

Get Panacea +Health/+End, Miracle: +Recovery slotted in Health and Performance Shifter: +Endurance slotted in Stamina ASAP. It'll give you a large chunk of endurance recovery in about 0.775 end/sec. Should be about 16 mil all together for them in the current market.

I usually go sparingly with using the attacks, using Crack Whip only once on a group and using Corruption/Lash on a boss. I don't have a Demons/Dark build specifically to share, so I can't help there, but IO set bonuses definitely help alot if you can save up the money for them.

If we can see the build you're working towards we can probably help more.

Edited by Hopestar
  • Like 1

This is my starter theorycrafting build for Demons/Dark - this is what I use to springboard specific build ideas and it contains my most commonly used slotting.

Here's some key points:

- Mark of Supremacy has amazing set bonuses. Here I'm using 4/6 + 2/6 for the extra +sl def and accuracy
- All the pet auras are required for MM play. I've slotted all of them except call to arms, which you can fit in the empty slots.
- Slotting ember shield is very strong for Demons' survival. With the pet auras, slotting in ember shield improves  70-75% S/L res to 75-80% - a 15-20% damage reduction. It also gives the MM an extra ~7.5% S/L res, which makes it much easier to cap without tough.
- Slotting Siphon Insight twice pulls quadruple useful duty - pushes your S/L def, gives you strong -Hit debuffs, global accuracy and even a little bit of +regen to boot.
- Twilight Grasp with Theft of Essence is essentially free; Spam it liberally.
- Hell on Earth is worth slotting; on balance, taking recharge into account, they deal about as much as your T1 pets.

The intention of the build is to soak up the alpha from a pull, then spread fearsome stare/Dark Servant -hit debuffs. Focus on Lts and Bosses to hold aggro on them, let the pets deal with minions. This covers most of the pet durability issues. Make sure you have all the pet auras + slotted ember shield, with 80% res the pets are fairly sturdy.

As far as end issues go, this build can cycle TG + Lash indefinitely. Adding an AoE attack or a 2nd ST is recommended, but can put a bit of a strain on your endurance. I would wager a guess that the reason why you're having end issues is 1) low dps from pets and 2) pets dying and forcing you to resummon in combat(a huge end drain). Once you shore up those issues, the build starts flowing much more naturally.

It's important to know where most of MM's damage comes from - it's procs, procs and procs. I would have 5-slotted Lash with procs if I could pull more accuracy and endurance. The proc in Demon Prince is essential for him to reach good DPS numbers. Alpha is good(I like Intuition here), but Interface(Radial, not Core) is just as important. Hybrid Assault, if you know how to set it up, is great to supercharge your DPS in tough encounters. If you add more damage powers, remember that the maximum DPS is to cram as many procs as you can fit in them.

I can't give you more specific pointers without seeing your current build.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Demon Summoning
Secondary Power Set: Dark Miasma
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Summon Demonlings -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(3), Empty(3), Empty(5), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(5), EdcoftheM-PetDef(7)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-Heal(7), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(9), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(9)
Level 2: Tar Patch -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 4: Lash -- GldStr-Acc/Dmg(A), GldStr-%Dam(11), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Hct-Dam%(13), ExpStr-Dam%(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(15)
Level 6: Enchant Demon -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(42)
Level 10: Howling Twilight -- EndRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 12: Summon Demons -- ResDam-I(A), ResDam-I(31), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Empty(33), Empty(33)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(21), Rct-Def(23), Rct-Def/EndRdx(23), Ksm-ToHit+(42), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(17), RedFrt-Def(17), GldArm-3defTpProc(19), GldArm-End/Res(19), GldArm-ResDam(21)
Level 18: Hell on Earth -- SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(45), SvrRgh-PetResDam(45)
Level 20: Fearsome Stare -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(34), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(34), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 22: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(25)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Summon Demon Prince -- SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg(27), SlbAll-Build%(27), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(29), ImpSwf-Dam%(29), Empty(31)
Level 28: [Empty] 
Level 30: [Empty] 
Level 32: Abyssal Empowerment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(37)
Level 38: Dark Servant -- SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SphIns-ToHitDeb(39), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(39), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(39), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(40), CldSns-%Dam(40)
Level 41: [Empty] 
Level 44: [Empty] 
Level 47: [Empty] 
Level 49: [Empty] 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(40)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(42)
Level 1: Cold Demonling 
Level 1: Fiery Demonling 
Level 1: Hellfire Demonling 
Level 12: Ember Demon 
Level 12: Hellfire Gargoyle 
Level 26: Demon Prince 
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
------------

Edited by BGSacho
  • Like 1

Here's the build I'm using on my demon/dark MM, I currently run her at +2/x8 with no issues and can run at +3/x8 again at no issues. I had a specific idea in mind during the build of debuffing as much as possible along with ranged defense being capped and s/l resists at the cap. My demons using survive most battles and rarely do I have to resummon them except when we aggro a few additional mobs we weren't expecting.  As far as the endurance issues, while it's still there I found with agility for endurance as well as the defense and recharge paired with ageless they're pretty much a thing of the past.  I hope it helps....it's one of my favorites to plat

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Demon dark2: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Summon Demonlings -- SlbAll-Build%(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(3), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), EdcoftheM-PetDef(7)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(7), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(9), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(9), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(11), CldSns-%Dam(11)
Level 2: Lash -- Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Dam%(50)
Level 4: Darkest Night -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(13), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(13), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(15), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(17), CldSns-%Dam(34)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(46), BlsoftheZ-Travel(48)
Level 10: Howling Twilight -- Ann-ResDeb%(A)
Level 12: Summon Demons -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(19), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(19), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(21)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), Rct-ResDam%(36), Rct-Def(36)
Level 18: Hell on Earth -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(23), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(23), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(25), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(31)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 22: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 24: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 26: Summon Demon Prince -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SvrRgh-PetResDam(27), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(29), ImpSwf-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(43), StdPrt-ResKB(43)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 35: Tar Patch -- ImpSwf-Acc/Slow(A), ImpSwf-Rng/Slow(43)
Level 38: Dark Servant -- CldSns-%Dam(A), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(39), CldSns-ToHitDeb(39), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(39), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(40), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Petrifying Gaze -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(42), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(42), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(42)
Level 44: Fearsome Stare -- CldSns-%Dam(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(45), CldSns-ToHitDeb(45), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(45), GlmoftheA-Acc/Fear/Rchg(46), GlmoftheA-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam(50)
Level 49: Night Fall -- Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Knock%(50)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(15)
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
------------

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BGSacho said:

This is my starter theorycrafting build for Demons/Dark - this is what I use to springboard specific build ideas and it contains my most commonly used slotting.

Here's some key points:

- Mark of Supremacy has amazing set bonuses. Here I'm using 4/6 + 2/6 for the extra +sl def and accuracy
- All the pet auras are required for MM play. I've slotted all of them except call to arms, which you can fit in the empty slots.
- Slotting ember shield is very strong for Demons' survival. With the pet auras, slotting in ember shield improves  70-75% S/L res to 75-80% - a 15-20% damage reduction. It also gives the MM an extra ~7.5% S/L res, which makes it much easier to cap without tough.
- Slotting Siphon Insight twice pulls quadruple useful duty - pushes your S/L def, gives you strong -Hit debuffs, global accuracy and even a little bit of +regen to boot.
- Twilight Grasp with Theft of Essence is essentially free; Spam it liberally.
- Hell on Earth is worth slotting; on balance, taking recharge into account, they deal about as much as your T1 pets.

The intention of the build is to soak up the alpha from a pull, then spread fearsome stare/Dark Servant -hit debuffs. Focus on Lts and Bosses to hold aggro on them, let the pets deal with minions. This covers most of the pet durability issues. Make sure you have all the pet auras + slotted ember shield, with 80% res the pets are fairly sturdy.

As far as end issues go, this build can cycle TG + Lash indefinitely. Adding an AoE attack or a 2nd ST is recommended, but can put a bit of a strain on your endurance. I would wager a guess that the reason why you're having end issues is 1) low dps from pets and 2) pets dying and forcing you to resummon in combat(a huge end drain). Once you shore up those issues, the build starts flowing much more naturally.

It's important to know where most of MM's damage comes from - it's procs, procs and procs. I would have 5-slotted Lash with procs if I could pull more accuracy and endurance. The proc in Demon Prince is essential for him to reach good DPS numbers. Alpha is good(I like Intuition here), but Interface(Radial, not Core) is just as important. Hybrid Assault, if you know how to set it up, is great to supercharge your DPS in tough encounters. If you add more damage powers, remember that the maximum DPS is to cram as many procs as you can fit in them.

I can't give you more specific pointers without seeing your current build.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Summon Demonlings -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(3), Empty(3), Empty(5), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(5), EdcoftheM-PetDef(7)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-Heal(7), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(9), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(9)
Level 2: Tar Patch -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 4: Lash -- GldStr-Acc/Dmg(A), GldStr-%Dam(11), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Hct-Dam%(13), ExpStr-Dam%(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(15)
Level 8: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(42)
Level 10: Howling Twilight -- EndRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 12: Summon Demons -- ResDam-I(A), ResDam-I(31), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Empty(33), Empty(33)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(21), Rct-Def(23), Rct-Def/EndRdx(23), Ksm-ToHit+(42), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(17), RedFrt-Def(17), GldArm-3defTpProc(19), GldArm-End/Res(19), GldArm-ResDam(21)
Level 18: Hell on Earth -- SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(45), SvrRgh-PetResDam(45)
Level 20: Fearsome Stare -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(34), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(34), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 22: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(25)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Summon Demon Prince -- SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg(27), SlbAll-Build%(27), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(29), ImpSwf-Dam%(29), Empty(31)
Level 28: [Empty] 
Level 30: [Empty] 
Level 35: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(37)
Level 38: Dark Servant -- SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SphIns-ToHitDeb(39), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(39), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(39), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(40), CldSns-%Dam(40)
Level 41: [Empty] 
Level 44: [Empty] 
Level 47: [Empty] 
Level 49: [Empty] 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(40)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(42)
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
------------

Thanks, thats very helpful!

But is there a reason why assault is not taken? isnt the aoe dmg up good? and what do you think about speccing into the new inventions power pool for the aoe def- and targeted heal and regen for low pets?

14 hours ago, GuilmonDude said:

Thanks, thats very helpful!

But is there a reason why assault is not taken? isnt the aoe dmg up good? and what do you think about speccing into the new inventions power pool for the aoe def- and targeted heal and regen for low pets?

Assault is not that strong on MM due to our low base dmg, high ED% our reliance on procs. You're adding 11.25% base damage on top of the standard slotting 100-110% ED on pets + Alpha, + Supremacy(25%). This means that assault is actually at most a ~5% dmg increase(11.25% / 225%) to the non-proc attacks only. This is probably the strongest on demons, since their non-proc dmg is the highest among all primaries, but it's still a questionable take if you have endurance problems. IIRC, the last time I crunched the numbers, using the end from Assault on a primary attack instead(e.g. Lash, Cross Punch) yields more dps/endurance (of course, slotting an attack is more expensive than assault, but it's also more focused DPS which helps you tank, and is less reduced in +4 content, etc etc).

I hadn't thought too much about experimentation, so these is an off-the-cuff take:

Having access to a -Def(bonus points AoE) is *great* for Demons/Dark, as they have no other way to get Achilles Heel. It seems like you could also proc it out a decent amount to get a nice snap aggro opener. I really like it. The only problem is you essentially need to pick 1 dead power(neither Toxic Dart nor Injection are really good for MM), and 1 meh power(super speed, at least can slot -4KB in it). Regen is absolutely meh for pets(they have lower hp than you, the lowest hp class already, and regen scales off max health), plus, you have one of the best heals in the game. The more useful effect from injection would possibly be the status effect resistance on demon prince or gargoyle when wading into mobs with high CC.

Adrenal Booster is very tempting for /Dark, since you don't have softcapped defenses up front. In a rough fight, you can pop it up front, walk in, take the alpha, then spread your debuffs. You can get the cd down to 3 minutes without too much work, so it'd be up fairly often.

Edited by BGSacho

2 hours ago, BGSacho said:

Assault is not that strong on MM due to our low base dmg, high ED% our reliance on procs. You're adding 11.25% base damage on top of the standard slotting 100-110% ED on pets + Alpha, + Supremacy(25%). This means that assault is actually at most a ~5% dmg increase(11.25% / 225%) to the non-proc attacks only. This is probably the strongest on demons, since their non-proc dmg is the highest among all primaries, but it's still a questionable take if you have endurance problems. IIRC, the last time I crunched the numbers, using the end from Assault on a primary attack instead(e.g. Lash, Cross Punch) yields more dps/endurance (of course, slotting an attack is more expensive than assault, but it's also more focused DPS which helps you tank, and is less reduced in +4 content, etc etc).

I hadn't thought too much about experimentation, so these is an off-the-cuff take:

Having access to a -Def(bonus points AoE) is *great* for Demons/Dark, as they have no other way to get Achilles Heel. It seems like you could also proc it out a decent amount to get a nice snap aggro opener. I really like it. The only problem is you essentially need to pick 1 dead power(neither Toxic Dart nor Injection are really good for MM), and 1 meh power(super speed, at least can slot -4KB in it). Regen is absolutely meh for pets(they have lower hp than you, the lowest hp class already, and regen scales off max health), plus, you have one of the best heals in the game. The more useful effect from injection would possibly be the status effect resistance on demon prince or gargoyle when wading into mobs with high CC.

Adrenal Booster is very tempting for /Dark, since you don't have softcapped defenses up front. In a rough fight, you can pop it up front, walk in, take the alpha, then spread your debuffs. You can get the cd down to 3 minutes without too much work, so it'd be up fairly often.

I really like your idea of using lash for dps and already picked up a few of the important enhancetments, am already feeling quite the difference! I had no idea haste made dark that much better.

Would it be possible for you to do a full build on how you'd go about it on mids? i'd love to compare it to the ones the others posted, and i'm a little unsure about what powers to pick up last.

Personally if i can for flavor reasons i'd go the soul route and i quite enjoy hover as i go about actual fights for maneuverability. But i heard the electric chains are quite mandatory. Going a little into incarnate would help a lot too as i also read that some of the interface procs are bugged and don't work. I like the sound of the -max health but i have no idea on the actual numbers. Also i haven't gotten there yet but the aoe around you incarnate that gives +Recharge and +End to your demon sounds good in theory since i see they use a lot of endurance.

As for the new powers such as weaken will and targeting with the demons, inventions for what you said or maybe something else i wanna see what you think would work best.  

4 hours ago, GuilmonDude said:

i'd go the soul route and i quite enjoy hover as i go about actual fights for maneuverability.

Soul’s key power is Oppressive Gloom - good for minion mitigation but doesn’t work too well with hovering/flight. OG does provide an interesting layer of mitigation, and stacks with the disorient in Howling a Twilight.

4 hours ago, GuilmonDude said:

But i heard the electric chains are quite mandatory

The AOE Immobilize is useful as the only one available to MMs containing a -KB tag. Also a good power to slot the TAoE -res proc. Depending on play style, that may or may not be useful to your build.

For addressing your pets’ endurance issues, frankeenslotting end reduction is a reliable way to go, allowing access to either Barrier or Clarion as your go-to destiny. Cardiac is another option, helping all of your powers (letting your skimp on end reduction), helping your pets, and boosting the tier2 demons resistance shields and shadow fall (along with tough and/or your patron shield if you took a resistance shield). 

Lots of ways to build a demon/dark. For pet slotting, there are many good approaches on the boards. 

here is one for demons/storm

One for demons/dark

And demons/time

As you can see, there are some similarities that bubble up in the pet slotting from the discussion. 

good luck!

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.