General Low Key Rants

Argent Aegis

I think you'll get nigh-unanimous support for Power Slide colourization and the addition of facial expressions, @Argent Aegis, but I can tell you that there is no shortage of players who absolutely detest the voice overs in the Destroyed Galaxy City Tutorial.  We had a big hooplah about it in a thread when Homecoming first started.  I can try to track it down sometime.

The short version:  If any more vocalizations are added to the game, it seems wise to make them entirely optional!

The moon should go through phases and not always be full, adjusting it so it is in full phase for longer than it should be would be okay.

The moon should have it's own schedule and path, so we sometimes get the moon during the day (but never full at that time.. because, physics despite being comic book).

More squirrels.

Old lady using her purse to beat up a Skull or Hellion minion. Said "victim" cries out for help to be arrested and saved. 😄  

A broken down bus sitting somewhere, perhaps with a civilian in work jumpsuit beating on it, I mean trying to fix it. 

The movie marquee changes.  We know the current one is Nemesis' favorite movie, but for 20 years?

2 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

I think you'll get nigh-unanimous support for Power Slide colourization and the addition of facial expressions, @Argent Aegis, but I can tell you that there is no shortage of players who absolutely detest the voice overs in the Destroyed Galaxy City Tutorial.  We had a big hooplah about it in a thread when Homecoming first started.  I can try to track it down sometime.

The short version:  If any more vocalizations are added to the game, it seems wise to make them entirely optional!

Yes - that would have to be an option.  Right up there with cut scenes.  While occasionally cool opportunities for team screenshots or the odd selfie, cut scenes after your first go round are just momentum breaking.

I do remember some forum post another time (live or HC - I can't remember) where Paragon City was called "City of Silence".  The term stuck with me.  Sometimes, if there aren't tons of powers running, there is an eerie sort of silence that settles in.  You see people, but soooo very quiet. 

Water Damage - Water/Ice Blaster

Atom Bum -  Rad/Fire Brute
Abyssal - Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper
Razer's Edge - Katana/Bio Brute

21 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

See, I always found the City to be so lively with the ambient atmospheric sounds of the city!  It is, in my opinion, one of the most under-appreciated aspects of the game.  It sounds like home!

There are some lovely subtle sounds effects, too, like the susurration of leaves when you fly through a tree.

• Like 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Yes - there is so much to appreciate for atmospheres in this game.  I personally find just hovering in the middle of the Shadow Shard very relaxing.   Or if I want the view, I look out the window out of Pocket D and listen to the music (I do try to ignore the huge Rikti Mother ship hovering out there).

Just sometimes when standing on City Hall Steps in Atlas, and look at at about ten other players not making a sound (rare, I know), it can get eerie.  But the silence of the years of shutdown is worse, so I will not complain too much. 

Water Damage - Water/Ice Blaster

Atom Bum -  Rad/Fire Brute
Abyssal - Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper
Razer's Edge - Katana/Bio Brute