The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Is anyone farming comiccon on a MM?

Neogumbercules

I was just sitting here thinking if you had some way to defense softcap all your minions, each minion can hold aggro from 16 targets. You idy have some kind of a heal, and with all that tightly packed AOE you could do clears super fast. 

I'm guessing the minions conning way lower than the MM makes this a big challenge, but I wonder still if anyone is doing it. 

Since purple drops aren't affected by enemy levels you could make do this on +0/8 and if you're clearing in like a minute or two it might make it a good recipe farmer. 

Edited by Neogumbercules

Playing as a Demons/Thermal mastermind with S/L/F resistance capped on pets i tried one of the firefarms just for fun. 

I went +0/x8

No AoE damage dealing powers

No incarnate

My demons was easy to heal, shuffling between AoE & single target healing. I didn't seem to kill anything, very unefficient with my build.

But I felt like Neo in Matrix fighting the unending masses og Agent Smith 😛 

I wonder how bots would do. They tend to be AOE heavy and can get the defense softcap pretty easy depending on the MMs secondary. 

/Time, spam the heal, keep farsight up, drop Bonfire with -KB for added mitigation.

If you can go in at 0/8 with the +1 level shift, it might be worthwhile if you can clear it in like 2 minutes. 

You also need the resist on top of def which just isnt doable solo.

you can softcap def

you can softcap fire res

but you cant really do both.

Now another thing is lots of pet aoe is cone based, when you get surrounded they cant aoe properly and just make a /fire brute.

It is functionally impossible to survive with all your minions aggro capped solo. There is no way to mitigate the amount of incoming damage that would result. If you're just doing like the outdoor farm with normal spawns, you can farm up to +4x8 with the right build, but you'll be at best like half as slow as a brute doing it, maybe less. A mastermind stepping foot onto the rainbow comicon at +4x8 dies in seconds. 

On 8/12/2020 at 2:13 PM, Neogumbercules said:

I wonder how bots would do. They tend to be AOE heavy and can get the defense softcap pretty easy depending on the MMs secondary.

I've run my Bots/Traps through comiccon. I can't recall the total time for 5 missions, but I have a sense that it was around 30 minutes to complete the arc. That toon has a lot of knockdown (2 rifle attacks, 1 mace attack, 2 of 3 bots), slows and holds... along with distinct enemy debuffs. I would also bring out the Lore Pets whenever possible: this was how I can recall that the full run was usually under 30 minutes.

One major problem with Bots is that they are terrible on single target damage; while the map is loaded with enemies this is less noticeable.

The new pet behavior helps on maps like this, as the bots used to run off and get themselves busted. AE missions like Comiccon farms are a place where I'll always drop a Triage Beacon, since I can usually draw opponents where I want them.

EDIT: I should clarify, my comiccon farm runs were at even level as it was drops I was interested in, not XP or Inf.

Edited by tidge
  • Like 1

My Thugs/Time can do it, but it's best off if I run at +1/x8 for the sake of efficiency. I typically don't do the comic con other than to test my build. I stick with other S/L farms for INF.

Edited by Force Redux

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Yeah, my bots cold mm can do it and it's actually fun. I do the S/L one. 

Every now and then everyone is wiped except me and the assault not but he just keeps plugging along. The procs make him super powerful though and with the cold buffs he can pretty much do it on his own lol.