QoL: unlock Arbiter Rein and the Patrons as contacts at level 34

When initially introduced, Arbiter Rein and the villain patrons unlocked as contacts at level 40. This basically gave you a "grace level" to unlock the patron pools before your next chance to take a power at level 41. However, when ancillary and patron pools were changed to become available at 35, that "grace level" went away. Now you have to put off training to level 35 if you want a patron power then until you have a chance to run that arc, which, given that whole teaming thing, could be a while. Would it be difficult to change Arbiter Rein and the patrons' level range to 34-50 in order to get that grace level back? Even if the enemies in the missions can't actually spawn below 35, that'd still be a nice QoL change.

• 1 month later

Someone told me they thought this was already done, so I went to Arbiter Rein on a 34 character to see if that was true; it wasn't. He still insists you be 35 at the lowest. So yeah, if he and the patrons could be unlocked at 34, it'd be very convenient.

AGree with this.

Although..my most recent toon..i was lvl 37 (untrained from 34 because I wanted a patron power), and went redside. Rein gave me teh first mission and I would SWEAR I hadnt picked a lvl 35 power. Maybe. SO perhaps it works just..'being' lvl 35, but untrained?

AGree with this.

Although..my most recent toon..i was lvl 37 (untrained from 34 because I wanted a patron power), and went redside. Rein gave me teh first mission and I would SWEAR I hadnt picked a lvl 35 power. Maybe. SO perhaps it works just..'being' lvl 35, but untrained?

I can confirm this.

You don't have to be trained to 35+ in order to do the Patron Missions. I've done it several times. I usually hit 35 then refuse to train because I want that APP power as my level 35 power. But If I'm on a rolling team or something I might be 36/37 by the time I get around to it.

So yes, if the last level you trained was 34~ish but you have enough XP earned to train up to 35+, they'll still give you the missions.

(I would still like to see them unlock at 34 though, makes more sense to me to be able to preemptively earn the badge)

AGree with this.

That's correct. Rein seems to check for Experience Level, not Security Level. When I ran his missions I got to deal with level 35 mobs but without the benefit of level 35 abilities. Good times, good times.

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!