Procs in power pool?

Dahkness

Chances to proc only care about the attributes of the power they're slotted in, the PPM rating of the proc, and how much slotted recharge you have in that power. The type of power (e.g. single-target, AoE, toggle, patch/rain, etc.) but procs do not have different rates just because they're in a pool power versus a primary or secondary power.

• Like 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

14 minutes ago, macskull said:

Chances to proc only care about the attributes of the power they're slotted in, the PPM rating of the proc, and how much slotted recharge you have in that power. The type of power (e.g. single-target, AoE, toggle, patch/rain, etc.) but procs do not have different rates just because they're in a pool power versus a primary or secondary power.

What does PPM stand for?

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

Stands for "procs per minute," or a very rough estimate of the number of times a proc is expected to trigger in a one-minute period if the power it's slotted in is fired off as soon as it recharges. My signature has a link to a spreadsheet with more information.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

7 hours ago, Hops said:

Take Kick for an example/ Can i load that up with dmg procs? 

Take my kick - please!

I'd love to do something like that, because I always take kick over boxing, but I never have the slots to spare.

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

11 hours ago, Hops said:

Are the chances to proc lowered if you have the enhancements in a power pool? Take Kick for an example/ Can i load that up with dmg procs? 

You absolutely can. Kick and cross punch also take the force feedback recharge proc, making them very useful as filler attacks that ramp up your recharge enormously.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

3 hours ago, Gulbasaur said:

You absolutely can. Kick and cross punch also take the force feedback recharge proc, making them very useful as filler attacks that ramp up your recharge enormously.

My Ice/Ice scrapper has Crosspunch instead of Greater Ice Sword (as suggested to me by folk when I posted my build), slotted with 3 Eradications (including the proc) for some NRG/Ranged defense, 2 Multi-strikes to "round it out" enhancement-wise (Acc and Damage and as little recharge as I can manage to give Procs a better chance to go off) and give a Smash/Lethal resist IO bonus, and the Forced Feedback proc. 

So when he smacks something there's a chance for extra NRG damage, the standard 10% ToHit & recharge from Crosspunch-with-kick-and-box for every enemy hit and a chance for 100% recharge for 5 seconds from Forced Feedback. 

From the Force of Will pool my Necro/Nature MM has Weaken Resolve slotted with an Achilles Heel -resist, an Acc and 2 damage procs, turning it from a slightly slow minor debuff into a reasonable damage power (by Mastermind standards) and softer for my also-procced-up Life Drain and Epic Power Pool attacks (Knockout blow and Spirit Shark Jaws). The epics hit like trucks. 

Edited by Carnifax
  • Like 1