Simple costume option: "hide" Stealth and Invisibility effects for your view only.

Lsrei

Very simple:

A way, on a given costume, to 'hide' invisibility and transparency effects that YOU see, but no one else, for PVE, PVP, or whatever else balance. Just, simply, and literally, an option to let you see yourself. 

• Like 1

Why would you want to do that? Have you *seen* yourself?

Oh, wait... 😉

(I kid. Been asked for, I probably wouldn't use it but wouldn't turn down others having the option.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I wouldn't use it on a Stalker.  On a stalker it's too important to me to *know* when I'm hidden or not, and I don't want to have to flick my eyes up to my buff list, searching. The visual indicator of my character being stealthed is exactly right.

I would definitely use it for both my Dark Miasma and Storm Summoning characters.  The "Team Stealth" is nice, and I love the extra defense from them, but they're ALWAYS ON, unless I've been detoggled, and they have their own other slight graphic effects even beyond my character being transparent. On them, I'd certainly appreciate the option to say "no, just show me to me".  

18 minutes ago, MTeague said:

I wouldn't use it on a Stalker.  On a stalker it's too important to me to *know* when I'm hidden or not, and I don't want to have to flick my eyes up to my buff list, searching. The visual indicator of my character being stealthed is exactly right.

I don't disagree, but you shouldn't have to search for anything - there should be a "Hidden" showing. (Or if that doesn't work, use the combat buffs window and keep PVE and/or PVP stealth radius selected - it'll either show a value or a zero.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

The fact that you can’t see yourself when using the sustain power for blaster devices led to me re-rolling them as a Tac-arrow secondary (the power preview in the character builder didn’t include any fade out, just a blue aura... so it was annoying to get to level 20 and have your character just disappear).

It kinda worked out because I was already dual pistols so the bow was invisible and you just saw the arrow appear and launch and I eventually used the Resistance gloves to justify it being hydraulically launched from your right gauntlet; but I would have much preferred devices for variety.

Similarly, my stalker hides using the equivalent of Jedi mind tricks so having them remain visible to me would actually be more thematically appropriate.