Where to slot +50% Chance for Crit on Savage Melee?

Fista

Currently slotted in Rending Fury but that seems counter productive as I try to pop it only when I have 5 stacks. Suggestions? Comments?

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

Hemorrhage is the one that doesn't crit.  Skip it.  It's actually bad on everything but Stalkers anyway.  No reason for SM/anything to be rooted for that long.  

Shred is mostly bad.  You're better off skipping it and using Rending instead (at decent recharge).  Possibly useful on a tank with AoE changes; everywhere else you're better off using something else.

Vicious really wants the FF +rech piece, so probably not there as there are desirable bonuses that you might need the other 5 slots to get.

I'd put it in Maiming.  That's where my Brute has the +Fury piece.  SS, MS, and VS are his ST chain.  YMMV on a Scrapper.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

• 7 months later
On 8/22/2020 at 9:57 AM, InvaderStych said:

Hemorrhage is the one that doesn't crit.  Skip it.  It's actually bad on everything but Stalkers anyway.  No reason for SM/anything to be rooted for that long.  

Shred is mostly bad.  You're better off skipping it and using Rending instead (at decent recharge).  Possibly useful on a tank with AoE changes; everywhere else you're better off using something else.

Vicious really wants the FF +rech piece, so probably not there as there are desirable bonuses that you might need the other 5 slots to get.

I'd put it in Maiming.  That's where my Brute has the +Fury piece.  SS, MS, and VS are his ST chain.  YMMV on a Scrapper.

I know this is an old post at this point, but have been playing around with SM and was looking for posts about it and found found this.  But, I can't disagree more with the information you are proving here.  Shred is the only power in the set that accepts defense debuff sets, making it a great dps booster.  It is also a cone, so you can slot lots of procs in it.  I find it to be a great power.  The information online is also inaccurate at this point, since the power no longer causes exhaustion.

I find Hemorrhage to be a great power against single targets - especially bosses/AV's.  The DOT is very strong.  Yes, you want to use Rending Furry against groups.  

• Like 2