Going on 50

ranster44

12 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Something that I found to be useful if you're going to do this is to remember the base portal and base transporter. If you use your Ouroboros portal to go to Ouroboros to talk to Mender Ramiel, then exit to FF and enter the Vanguard office right across the street to go to RWZ to talk to Lady Grey, the portal won't be recharged after you talk to her. If you have the right teleporters, you can go to Echo:Galaxy City and take the tram to Ouroboros before the portal recharges, then you talk to Ramiel to complete the mission, go back via FF to talk to Lady Grey again, and then back to Ramiel to turn it in (the Ouro portal may not be recharged yet if you're quick, so you can either wait or take another loop through Echo:Galaxy).

You can also use the LFG tp trick to get to Lady Grey. Que up the Lady Grey task force, lock the group and bingo right there.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

3 hours ago, The Pyn said:

hitting 50 on a gold character opens up all the incarnate trials. up until that point all you can do is either cathedral of pain or summer blockbuster so it's a nice content add.

Had not occurred to me to run these on my gold only till 50 characters.   Ty for the added variety. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MTeague said:

And here I thought this was going to be advice for another old fart approaching the dreaded half-century birthday  🙂

Three and a bit months for me. Not dreading it really.  Just hoping I can arrange a LOOOOONG weekend around it and find a safe place to travel to.  Might turn out to be a trip to the corner store with full body gear and my travel sanitizer mist machine turned up to full but I have my peace with it. 

3 minutes ago, Sakai said:

Three and a bit months for me. Not dreading it really.  Just hoping I can arrange a LOOOOONG weekend around it and find a safe place to travel to.  Might turn out to be a trip to the corner store with full body gear and my travel sanitizer mist machine turned up to full but I have my peace with it. 

Oct 16th of this year for me.  Already have the whole week off.  You can't make me face the working world when that odometer ticks over.  🙂

• Like 1

Ah, you whippersnappers! I remember turning 50 like it was... A long time ago.

Sigh.

On topic, it should be noted that you don't need to run Mender Ramiel's arc to unlock your Alpha any more. It just happens with normal adventuring, as long as you have trained to 50.

Well worth perusing:

Actually, all of RTM's guides are worth the read.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)