Going on 50

ranster44

Incarnates!  See the trainer and level up to 50 then keep playing.  You can go talk to Captain Nelson in PI to start your DA journey, or Mender somebody in Ouro I think opens alpha slot.  All incarnate slots will open with regular play and all incarnate building blocks (shards threads and empyrean merits) will drop randomly in regular play and/or vet levels.  Open your power tab and click Incarnate there at the top to see what you have and can build. 

Incarnates.

Building out your build.

Going back and playing the stuff you missed.

Or what I prefer, lots and lots of alts for new ideas.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I have one 50 that I made a badge character, did all the Incarnate content, and continue to play on a semi-regular basis doing Hami raids and joining Task Forces, no matter the level.  My other level 50s don't get a lot of play.  The rest of my play time is leveling alts, usually by rotating through half a dozen or so at a time.  

4 hours ago, ranster44 said:

So I will most likely hit 50 for the first time ever in the next two days. Then what?

Then you start feeling aches and pains, you don't move as fast, gain weight easier, probably need glasses...wait, we are talking birthdays, yes? :classic_unsure:

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ranster44 said:

So I will most likely hit 50 for the first time ever in the next two days. Then what?

Incarnate content, raids, there's a fair bit of at-50 content to do.

Don't forget to work on your accolades and head back through Ouro for interesting story arcs, then work your alignment to one of the neutral ones and work down the other side's task/strike forces etc. There's a lot left to do.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

A speeding ticket.  This is a 45 mph only zone, buddy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

First thing is to train ASAP when you hit 50, you won't start getting incarnate experience until you do.

Next your first priority should be to get your Alpha incarnate slot open and slotted with a tier 3 power to get your level shift, which makes you level 51 when fighting everything. There is also level shifts for doing the same thing for your Lore and Destiny slots, but that shift only working in incarnate content. 

The next thing you should work on is getting your 4 passive accolades unlocked.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

On 8/22/2020 at 7:15 PM, Outrider_01 said:

After that, 1,607 vet levels to grind if you want to out level GM Taquitz

The last time I saw Veracor on Everlasting, he had 3017 vet levels.

7 hours ago, Crimsonpyre said:

First thing is to train ASAP when you hit 50, you won't start getting incarnate experience until you do.

Next your first priority should be to get your Alpha incarnate slot open and slotted with a tier 3 power to get your level shift, which makes you level 51 when fighting everything.

The immediate priority after training to 50 is to do Mender Ramiel's arc to unlock the Alpha slot.

Once you unlock that, you start earning XP to unlock the next two incarnate slots.  Otherwise the XP goes toward unlocking the Alpha.

Ramiel's arc takes 20-30 minutes but one mission is a challenge for most AT's to solo (fighting END-draining Captain Holtz and The Honoree at the same time).

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

The last time I saw Veracor on Everlasting, he had 3017 vet levels.

The immediate priority after training to 50 is to do Mender Ramiel's arc to unlock the Alpha slot.

Once you unlock that, you start earning XP to unlock the next two incarnate slots.  Otherwise the XP goes toward unlocking the Alpha.

Ramiel's arc takes 20-30 minutes but one mission is a challenge for most AT's to solo (fighting END-draining Captain Holtz and The Honoree at the same time).

if you happen to get in an itf at level 48/49 it's feasible to get to 50 before the final mission and get the alpha slot during it.  (Especially on the +4 kill most versions)

The Holtz/Honoree can be a bear.   I've solo'd them with brutes/scrappers/tanks usually easily.   Some sentinel combos worked.  My Elec/Martial blaster had a surprisingly easy time of it.   These were all with generic IOs.  Set chars will probably have an easier time of it.

You can skip the Holtz/Honoree part and save a bunch of time. Once Lady Grey gives you the mission go back to Ramiel and choose the auto complete. Then go back to Lady Grey and continue. Sure it's a little cheap, but unless your a masochist it's worth it.

• Like 2

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

2 hours ago, Crimsonpyre said:

You can skip the Holtz/Honoree part and save a bunch of time. Once Lady Grey gives you the mission go back to Ramiel and choose the auto complete. Then go back to Lady Grey and continue. Sure it's a little cheap, but unless your a masochist it's worth it.

Something that I found to be useful if you're going to do this is to remember the base portal and base transporter. If you use your Ouroboros portal to go to Ouroboros to talk to Mender Ramiel, then exit to FF and enter the Vanguard office right across the street to go to RWZ to talk to Lady Grey, the portal won't be recharged after you talk to her. If you have the right teleporters, you can go to Echo:Galaxy City and take the tram to Ouroboros before the portal recharges, then you talk to Ramiel to complete the mission, go back via FF to talk to Lady Grey again, and then back to Ramiel to turn it in (the Ouro portal may not be recharged yet if you're quick, so you can either wait or take another loop through Echo:Galaxy).

If you haven't learned from the "Talk to the Perez Park Security Chief" mission, which always sends you into Perez after Circle of Thorns you're not leveled enough for, don't just complete the mission to talk to Lady Grey -- this just completes the 'talk to Lady Grey' part and auto-accepts the 'rescue the Honoree' mission, and now you have to wait three days to auto-complete that. This, like the "Talk to [zone] security chief" missions, is a chained double mission -- the mission to talk to the temp contact, and the mission they give you -- you want to auto-complete the second, not the first.

6 hours ago, lemming said:

The Holtz/Honoree can be a bear.   I've solo'd them with brutes/scrappers/tanks usually easily.   Some sentinel combos worked.  My Elec/Martial blaster had a surprisingly easy time of it.   These were all with generic IOs.  Set chars will probably have an easier time of it.

Yep.  I always solo it on a scrapper, brute or tank.  On a 'squishy', I don't even try.  I always ask someone to join me with a scrapper, brute or tank.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

6 hours ago, Crimsonpyre said:

what??? Holtz and Honoree are the only worthwhile fights in the entire arc. the buttload of Rikti at the end don't give you XP, but it's fun to wipe them out nonetheless. 😃

Seriously though, no one's going to mention that the real endgame of CoH is... wait for it... creating yet another alt. Do the grind again, but this time choose a different path, like different contacts when you're given a choice. Go Red, or Gold, whatever you choose just carve out a slightly different story for your new toon. The content is very rich and in some places, non-linear, so it makes for some great variations. Experiment with diff powers/power sets, diff builds.

Or, you can just visit the bird and switch your alignment to "the other side". this will remove all your present contacts and replace them with ones relevant to your alignment. You can now do most of the previous worthwhile arcs with all of your glorious lvl 50 powers. Just turn the difficulty up a notch or 3 if you find it too easy. 

Edited by Six Six
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 11:09 PM, Techwright said:

Then you start feeling aches and pains, you don't move as fast, gain weight easier, probably need glasses...wait, we are talking birthdays, yes? :classic_unsure:

Oh to be 50 again... I am way past that!

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Crimsonpyre said:

Next your first priority should be to get your Alpha incarnate slot open and slotted with a tier 3 power to get your level shift, which makes you level 51 when fighting everything. There is also level shifts for doing the same thing for your Lore and Destiny slots, but that shift only working in incarnate content. 

The next thing you should work on is getting your 4 passive accolades unlocked.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Crimsonpyre said:

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Yep.  I always solo it on a scrapper, brute or tank.  On a 'squishy', I don't even try.  I always ask someone to join me with a scrapper, brute or tank.

... I solo it on pretty much everything. Takes a little prep work, but no reason to skip it or enlist help. Just something that can distract Honoree or Holz on occasion. (Shivans are free, reinforcements are... fairly cheap.) Just as long as I'm not the *first* thing attacked.

(I still don't get people needing help with Trapdoor, either.)

You get extra bonus fun if you're running something with trip mines. Don't click on the pile-of-rubble glowie, clear things out, plant trip mines on either side of the front of the "bridge" (there will be *nothing* there once you clear the room in front) where you pull holz and honoree from. Click on rubble, portals appear, portals get blown up. 🙂

1 hour ago, Six Six said:

Seriously though, no one's going to mention that the real endgame of CoH is... wait for it... creating yet another alt

I did mention that. 🙂

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

17 hours ago, Crimsonpyre said:

get your Alpha incarnate slot open and slotted with a tier 3 power to get your level shift, which makes you level 51 when fighting everything

God I hate this darned thing so much. Would really like to see it made Incarnate content only.