Fear - Chance to ....

krj12

We currently have an IO that converts knockback to knockdown, so I was thinking ... why not something similar for fear?   

So many powers that people are encouraged not to use in groups, due to the fear component.   

So, some ideas:

1.   Fear to Taunt

2.   Fear to some kind of debuff ( resist or defense )

3.  Fear to Stun

4.  Fear to Slow

"Fear" doesn't cause mobs to run away, that's the "afraid" status (yes, they're different) which is not found on that many powers.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Honestly though this makes me think that it would be kinda cool to have unique procs to convert a status effect into another status effect which could be a little curve ball especially in PvP.

Fear to Slow

Taunt to DDB

Sleep to RDB

THDB to  Imob

Cage to Hold

Placate to -Dam

DDB to Taunt

RDR to THDB

Slow to Placate

-Dam to Cage

I'm not sure what magnitudes would be needed for balance, but it would definitely allow a few more options

• Like 1

I don't think it's actually possible to do something like that. KB->KD works by basically applying a very tiny multiplier to the magnitude of a knockback power, not by actually changing its effect (this only works because knockback and knockdown are the same effect, just different magnitudes). You've got procs that can sort of do this but they just add extra effects onto the power they're piggybacking on and can't entirely replace it.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

The KB->KD enhancements do actually add a second effect of a 0.67 mag knock. They also apply an enormous negative enhancement to the existing effect, such that no amount of other slotting in the power will make even the strongest KB powers trigger anything off the existing effect. I suspect it's done that way so that they don't have to code in different adjustments for every power that does knockback since so many of them have wildly different magnitudes.

A similar enhancement to replace one effect with another could theoretically be done for any attribute that accepts enhancements, I think. But there's a whole can of game balance worms there that I doubt the devs particularly want to open.

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?