Old school playing is getting rare

Diantane

I'm just wondering where Crysis got the idea that in the Hidden City days everyone had access to some kind of insta-50 button... 'First time I've heard that particular bit of supposition/gosssip/what-ever.

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

I'm just wondering where Crysis got the idea that in the Hidden City days everyone had access to some kind of insta-50 button... 'First time I've heard that particular bit of supposition/gosssip/what-ever.

Videos were widely distributed by a certain player showing the feature, and the release of some of these videos is partially what led us to HC becoming available to the masses. Unless it was faked video?

Not that I would know since I wasn’t a player during those years....of course.

6 minutes ago, Crysis said:

Videos were widely distributed by a certain player showing the feature, and the release of some of these videos is partially what led us to HC becoming available to the masses. Unless it was faked video?

Not that I would know since I wasn’t a player during those years....of course.

All I'm going to say is that you may want to take anything coming from that particular source with a VERY large grain of salt.  

12 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

I'd pretty much done 95% of the content on live with multi alts the hard way. I don't enjoy the lower level content after having seen it the 10203203th time. So I would not mind if this was implemented.

Same.  I've got pages of characters on all 5 shards, and it's sometimes quite tedious to create an alt and have to repeat the low-level slog.  I usually pop them into AE with my Spines/Fire Brute on my second account to PL them up to the mid-20s/early-30s, which only takes about an hour or so.  But if I could simply transfer funds and buy a boost (50M Inf, perhaps?), I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Back in the day, I proposed an idea for an account-wide "XP Bank": when a player deletes a character, they get the option to "deposit" (some or all) the XP earned by that character into the account-wide XP bank.  Then, when they create a new character, they would be allowed to "withdraw" some or all of that XP to level up that new character.  That way, the XP earned would still be useful, instead of just disappearing.  And if there was some reason to limit how high a new character could be levelled by this method, they could simply cap the amount of applicable XP to a certain level for new characters, such as 20 (this was back when everyone's goal was to reach 20 for Stamina), 27 (for common IOs equivalent to SOs), 32 (for primary tier 9), etc. (or whatever level was deemed an adequate cap).

I still think that might be a good idea, if technically possible/feasible.  But that would require adding at least one new table to the player database, which would have to be maintained and supported.  It's probably just easier to add something to P2W that grants XP in exchange for Inf.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

6 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

Same.  I've got pages of characters on all 5 shards, and it's sometimes quite tedious to create an alt and have to repeat the low-level slog.  I usually pop them into AE with my Spines/Fire Brute on my second account to PL them up to the mid-20s/early-30s, which only takes about an hour or so.  But if I could simply transfer funds and buy a boost (50M Inf, perhaps?), I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Back in the day, I proposed an idea for an account-wide "XP Bank": when a player deletes a character, they get the option to "deposit" (some or all) the XP earned by that character into the account-wide XP bank.  Then, when they create a new character, they would be allowed to "withdraw" some or all of that XP to level up that new character.  That way, the XP earned would still be useful, instead of just disappearing.  And if there was some reason to limit how high a new character could be levelled by this method, they could simply cap the amount of applicable XP to a certain level for new characters, such as 20 (this was back when everyone's goal to reach 20 for Stamina), 27 (for common IOs equivalent to SOs), 32 (for primary tier 9), etc. (or whatever level was deemed an adequate cap).

I still think that might be a good idea, if technically possible/feasible.  But that would require adding at least one new table to the player database, which would have to be maintained and supported.  It's probably just easier to add something to P2W that grants XP in exchange for Inf.

That's an interesting idea...

No clue if it would be at all possible given how wonky things are with the way characters are handled in this game, but it's still interesting.

• Thanks 1