Inf cap

Ukase

12 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Oh, the horrors you must have seen. Bless your heart.

Normally, you would expect that a level 50 character you invited to a team would quickly join the team where it was forming; when AE was new, it was a crapshoot whether you'd get "Where do I go?" followed by "How do I get there?" when you told them what zone you were in. I remember one Citadel where the leader got five of these AE babies back-to-back before giving up and running with seven.

I'm not morally opposed to a change or anything, but I'd certainly file this under "Really Good Problems to Have".

I'd just splurge on Winter-O's and kit out some new characters if I got close to the limit.

Ultimately though, I just don't really value Influence. It's useful to me to buy things to kit out my characters, of course. 

But I don't chase it as an end in itself

If I were at max influence cap, but all my existing characters have all the IO's I want, and I therefore play "for nothing" because I don't get any influence.... okay. I'm fine with that.

What was I gonna do with the influence anyway?  Maybe I'd host a Backstory Competition or something?

But full disclosure, I'm also the kind of player who can leave loot behind in Skyrim dungeons or Fallout zones and not care.

I have some packrat tendancies in real life, but not so much when gaming